No announcement yet.

Maestro in Asia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Uwe. She'll appreciate it. And for her birthday, I gave her....

twins?

God help me.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

• twins? i dont believe it
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

• doc i have tonsilitis and i been taking the antibiotics i bought in phuket beginning monday, 3 500 mg tablets a day today i run out its 11pm here and tomorrow i should still be sick i think i feel shitty still although i improve each day, since ive run out i dont know what to do, my gf has some antibiotics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarithromycin

thats the one shes got its 250 mg tablets i just dont know if its ok to take these for a day or two to clear it up id really like to take then if i still feel bad tomorrow but i dont know if that's ok

Comment

• I forgot what you had purchased; was it some sort of penicillin derivative? Five days of that should be enough, but if you're still infected, Clarithromycin is also very effective. Usual dose is 500 mg twice a day; but if you have the extended release version (such as Biaxin XL) it's once a day. It's usually taken for at least seven days.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

• I forgot what you had purchased; was it some sort of penicillin derivative? Five days of that should be enough, but if you're still infected, Clarithromycin is also very effective. Usual dose is 500 mg twice a day; but if you have the extended release version (such as Biaxin XL) it's once a day. It's usually taken for at least seven days.

Do not take it if you are allergic to erythromycin based drugs.

russbo.com

Comment

• it was called amoxicillin tryhydrate or something, and right when i began feeling the symptoms of tonsilitis i began taking the antibiotics on monday i feel decent now but its friday and i got no meds and im going to langkawi tonight and my throat hurts and still a little off, so i guess ill take it, and ive no idea if im allergic to it, i doubt it because im havent had any allergies im aware of, lets find out.

Comment

• Most people are not allergic to it. But one of the things you need to be aware of, is that this is a powerful antibiotic, it can disrupt the bacterial flora in your colon allowing a "bad" bacteria to overgrow: clostridia difficile. People do die from C Difficile colon infections. If you start to get abdominal pain or diarrhea while taking this new antibiotic, stop and see a physician.

The other complication that is common, is a yeast infection of the vagina. Unless you've grown one since I last saw you, this should not be a concern.

OH, and with respect to important news that you might not be aware of, the Jersey Shore MTV show is costing New Jersey taxpayers almost a half a million dollars, Kirstie Alley lost weight, dropping from a size 14 to a size 4 (she still looks fat) and your buddy Obama has put forth a jobs bill which will build bridges and roads, and which will cost over 800 million dollars. Just thought you'd want to know.

russbo.com

Comment

• lol, yes they post all of that shit on yahoo i see although i was unaware of "jersey shore" im glad ive never actually seen it and only spare time for history and discovery.

hopefully ill only be taking these meds for today, they are 250 mg each piece so instead of 2 500 mg tabs ill take 3 and hope tommorow i feel ok, not ognna keep taking this med just want the inflammation to go away as its causing pain and is the last symptom left for the most part although still feel a little wierd shouldnt be a problem as i just wanna laze around this weekend and eat chocolate and bang of course lol

honestly im more interested in an italian pizza place i found in petaling jaya here in kl that ill be visiting next week then the crap in the u.s. im hoping when i go back everything will be ok though...lol just sounds funny even saying that

Comment

• Hey, I'm not sure if I had ever introduced you to my friend Romey, the guy from Nepal, right outside the Laguna entrance, who custom makes the suits?? Can't remember. I think I pointed him out to you one time.

Anyway, he's dead.

Talk about a horrible way to go: http://www.phuketgazette.net/archive...icle10886.html

russbo.com

Comment

• hmm, i didnt know there was a river in phuket, is it freshwater? i remember you asked about rafting the last day i was there but i couldnt think with the idea of pizza on my mind

anyway i dunno if you mentioned him or not, but that really sucks, poor guy. that is a shitty way to go i always tell myself i wont die like that but who knows crazy world...another good reason to ride the motorbike though lol.

Comment

• It wasn't a river, it was a small canal; there are a few of them here and there, with these little generally unnoticeable bridges going over them. Apparently, some guy in a Fortuner pulled out in front of him on the main road, you know, the typical Phuket "highway", and Romey swerved to avoid him, causing his car to slide off the road and flip over into the canal. Talk about a bad place to put a canal. Being upside down in a car is bad enough (I've been sideways in a car, and that's a bizarre, slightly scary feeling), but upside down, that's disorientating. Especially when you're under water, and the car is filling up. One might suspect, as is typical of these Asian drivers, that the car's tires were not in the best shape, which led to his losing control on the wet roads. I can't tell you how many Chinese I've driven with to Shaolin that had perfectly bald tires, as smooth as my head. Well, now you see what happens. Romey didn't have much money as it was, so spending what little he had on tires was probably not on his list of things to do. He was a really nice guy; I knew him for many years.

russbo.com

Comment

• mmm, indeed, poor guy, my heart goes out to his fam. that being said its a good lesson learned, whether or not he was in a hurry is irrelevant, life is more important then cash for tires or any such mundane thing which is needed, still..that sucks i was living it up in langkawi this weekend and a little ways away this dudes drowning in his car...

Comment

• Well, its a lesson for all of us who live in Asia from time to time. One, emergency services are not reliable, professional, prompt or readily available. Two, people do stupid things, especially when driving on the road (it's the usual Asian "if there's a space in front of me, and I get there first, I have the right of way..."). Three, and most important to remember, life over there is cheap. The disregard for human life, partially driven by this Buddhist concept of "I'll come back and do a better job next time" bullshit, is really prevalent in many facets of these people's lives.

russbo.com

Comment

• hey last week when i came down with tonsilitis or whatever and jumped on the meds a few days later i came down with a sinus infection and then i stopped taking the meds, the sinus infection headache/other symptons went away on monday but the sore throat is still here and im curious if i should take meds or not otherwise i feel fine and salt water gargling makes the pain go away but its still here and i wanna know why or what i should do...

on a side not, the smurfs suck, conan sucks and apollo 18 is another fake ass teaser with no evidence of it being any type or real even though its probably got some truth behind it, not the aliens although its possible i guess but either way kinda...i dunno whack just another "reality" horror/thriller whatever.

Comment

• Hey, my son loved the smurfs, though all I could think about was getting one of my rifles out and shooting the little bastards, didn't bother with Conan because we're smarter than that, and we're still going to see the Apollo movie, even though it sucks, because I like science fiction no matter how bad it is. And as for movies, we just saw Shark 3D, which the little guy loved, and which the wife also enjoyed. Talk about a fine piece of movie making! But if you're bored, you should try to find The Debt, which was a pretty damn good movie, until the end when the octogenarians were in a fist fight. Nothing like senile MMA. Oh, I included a picture of the little guy at the movies below. Guess how I took that shot with the flash on? It was easy, we were the only ones there.

Well, if you ever get totally bored in Malaysia with the Muslims and the Indians, you could always go to Shaolin for a bit and train. Nothing like good old Henan province, home to Shaolin, "real" Shaolin monks, and other truly great examples of human beings, such as the prize who got himself in the news below. I reprint it for your enjoyment.

Oh, and I think I know where that dungeon is. Oh, another story, another time....

A Chinese man was being quizzed by cops Thursday for allegedly keeping six women locked up inside a grim, makeshift dungeon for two years while he used them as sex slaves.

Li Hao, 34, is accused of killing two of his captives and subjecting the others to horrifying sexual and emotional abuse, The Shanghai Daily reported.

His alleged crimes emerged this month when cops raided a residential building in central China's Henan Province and located four victims cowering inside a fortified underground cellar.

The remains of two more dead victims were found buried beneath the dank, squalid pen, which was divided into two dingy, foul-smelling rooms, accessible only by a narrow tunnel and sealed with heavy iron doors.

Detectives believe Li, a married father-of-one, spent more than a year digging it out beneath a storeroom he had rented out.

Once his subterranean prison was complete, Li trawled karaoke bars in Henan's Luoyang City to seduce young girls and lure them into captivity, Shanghai Daily said.

Such was his hold on his six victims, cops said, he was quickly able to make them "fall in love with him."

Li kept them imprisoned for as long as two years -- feeding them once every two days and living with them for 15 days a month while his wife presumed he was working as a security guard.

Despite their pitiful living conditions, they referred to him as "hubby" and "big brother" -- and even squabbled over whose turn it was to have sex with him, sickened detectives revealed.

Li allegedly beat one woman to death in front of her terrified fellow inmates to teach them "to be obedient," before burying her body close to where they slept, Shanghai Daily said.

Another was allegedly murdered when she fought over whose turn it was to sleep with Li, the paper added, citing a report in the Southern Metropolis Daily.

Li was arrested this month after he released one of the remaining "slaves" to work as a prostitute but she tipped off cops.

When the freed victim led officers to the underground lair, the three women still locked inside are said to have wept and cried out, "You finally come home, big brother."

Inside, police found computers Li had apparently hooked up to keep his captives occupied with video games but without internet access.

Couldn't have been that bad. They had computer games. More than you have now, right?
                                Attached Files

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X