功夫 (aka kung fu hustle) vs. shaolin soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 功夫 (aka kung fu hustle) vs. shaolin soccer

What'd you guys think? I saw shaolin soccer only after I seeing kung fu hustle. Since there was the previous post about shaolin soccer, thought I'd just say that, in comparison.... shaolin soccer sucked...

kungfu hustle was really good.. and creative.

g
    ZhongwenMovies.com

That's interesting, I saw them the other way round and preffered shaolin soccer. I do agree that kung fu hustle was quite creative though (with some good spoofing of western movies), actually I just bought the dvd so I can watch it again coincidently. There was quite a lot of buzz here in Hong Kong when it was released so perhaps it just didn't live up to the hype which may be why I prefer the soccer one.

R

Comment

I'm going to see k f hustle this Friday, I haven't seen soccer yet, but have heard they are both pretty funny.
      practice wu de

Comment

Shaolin Soccer is awesome. So is King of Beggars. In fact, Stephen Chow is a goddamn genius.

Comment

I like God of Cookery, Shoalin Soccer, and Kung fu Hustle. In that order from greatest to least.

I saw Kung Fu Hustle on a shitty VCD cam and didn't catch everything I keep hearing praise about. I'll check it out some other time when better quality is available.
          Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

This is kind of interesting. So far it seems everyone prefers shaolin soccer, but I really felt it was boring and the gong fu wasn't anything special. kung fu hustle on the other hand was filled with great special effects and was really humorous. It may be due to the language.. I watched them both in Chinese: the dialogue in shaolin soccer was somewhat lame, the dialogue in kung fu hustle was imaginative and witty.

g
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I guess I'll have to watch it again. I saw Hustle late at night and didn't really care about it. Eh, I get an opprotunity when it get's it's wide release.

Comment

I liked Kung Fu Hustle, and Shaolin Soccer, but I liked God of Cookery, Chinese Odyssey 1 and 2 and From Beijing with Love better.

But then again, other than Shaolin Idiot (ok but not great) I like most of the Stephen Chow Movies i've seen. My roommates and I have watched so many it seems we speak in subtitles sometimes.

Comment

but I liked God of Cookery, Chinese Odyssey 1 and 2 and From Beijing with Love better.
                  I haven't seen these, but I'm glad somebody out there likes Kung fu hustle. Maybe cause I saw Shaolin soccer after seeing KFH, that's why I was disappointed....

g
                  ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Hustle was great, but see it in a theater. Its worth it.
                    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Here's a site for you Kung Fu Hustle fans, www.kungfuhustle.com

There's games, avatars, facts, etc on there

For instance:

Xing Yue who played the Coolie apparently trained at the Shaolin Temple for 10 years and is running the Shenzen branch,

And the guy who played the tailor has a Hung Ga school in San Francisco.

Comment

So much skill...*weeps*

Comment

Invincible Armour... now thats a kung fu flick...
                          practice wu de

Comment

My favorite kung fu movie is probably...
                            ...uhhhhhhhhhhh...hmmmm...

I can't pick one really, I just love the genre.

Comment

yes, i am tatally agreed with you, kungu hustle has a lot amazing action scenes to watch than shaolin soccer !

Comment

Working...
                              X