Is this school a fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really feel for you!

It must be so hard when you really REALLY want to find some authentic Chinese MA, and you really want to believe in this guy, but he's so obviously fake.

If there are no good schools near you, couldn't you go on occasional weekend/week long stays with a reputable school (even if it means a plane flight to get there), every now and then, and train the rest of the time at home? You can work on your fitness and flexibility a lot of ways (running, gym, yoga, whatever), and practice the forms you've learnt at the reputable school, maybe even use dvds and books? Even if you can only visit a good school a couple of times a year it'll make a big difference - having your stances corrected, seeing how forms should be performed correctly, talking to other students, etc.

It's better to do that than train with a fraud.

If there are any TCM doctors near you, a lot of them practice qi gong and tai ji forms, and may agree to teach you those?

Good luck....

Comment

I have the Turner Classic Movies channel, but I don't like it/watch it that much.

heh.
      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

MikeB,
        I'll offer some advice I've given time and time again. Don't limit yourself to just Chinese martial arts when first looking for a school. I noticed you said you went to visit a Kuk Sul Won school; that's a good start. Attending a quality martial arts school, though it may not be -exactly- what you want, is a good way to get your foot in the door so to speak. You'll get in shape, increase your coordination, and maybe pick up some connections that might lead you to your dream art. And you never know, you might grow to like it.

Taekwondo and karate is pretty common in the US...and there's a lot of bad schools. But there are some good schools out there; I was raised on taekwondo for about 10 years, fantastic school, made everything I do now possible. So, instead of doing nothing while waiting for that dream school, do something now.
        -Jesse Pasleytm
        "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

Interesting stuff. Yeah, too bad that mullet guy sucks, heh heh. As for the "SiKung" word though, it's not that rare. As far as I knew it's a common word for the head teacher in a gongfu training center. Usually used in Southern China though, not the North. And yes Doc, I agree, San Diego has many hot women. Asians, Latinas, black, white, a little bit of everything, ha, gotta love that. Expensive as **** to live there though. (Hey Doc, you back in Vegas yet?)
          a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

Working...
          X