What is "reverse breathing"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doc
    I'd rather he went back to his 'Happeh" persona.

I miss that avatar of his.
    OK doc. Since you dodged the statement that "You really don't know about the connection between the anus and the lungs" I will go ahead and tell you. I just wanted everyone to see for themselves that I do know things that other people don't. Even medically educated people apparently.
    --------------------

If you are in an emergency, and someone has stopped breathing, you can stick something into their anus, and it will start their breathing again. How does that work, if the anus is not connected to the lungs?

Answer the question please.

If the anus is not connected to the lungs, why do medical people say that sticking something into the anus of a non breathing person , will start up their breathing again?

Comment

Is there a preference as to what one stick's up one's anus to stimulate breathing?
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

wasn't this thread about reverse breathing not anus breathing?
        The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

Originally posted by mbokohutu
          OK doc. Since you dodged the statement that "You really don't know about the connection between the anus and the lungs" I will go ahead and tell you. I just wanted everyone to see for themselves that I do know things that other people don't. Even medically educated people apparently.
          --------------------

If you are in an emergency, and someone has stopped breathing, you can stick something into their anus, and it will start their breathing again. How does that work, if the anus is not connected to the lungs?

Answer the question please.

If the anus is not connected to the lungs, why do medical people say that sticking something into the anus of a non breathing person , will start up their breathing again?
          2 things.

when it comes to pressure points and alternative science and so forth, particularly in terms of science regarding the impact of alternative breathing techniques and their physiological impact , like for qi and qigong and so on when it's discussed here, good luck getting anyone here to concede anything about that.

They're alot of fun that way.

and secondly, if you're going to use electrical points for that kind of purpose, dont be surprised if when that person you just saved wakes up and charges you for anal rape.
          What's the point of this information if noone can legally or practically use it ??

Like with everything else you 've put forward here, I dont not see some reason behind your theories, but erm... a long winded explaination to explain nOthing of any real practical ..and practical being the key word here, use .

Seriously, it's hard enough to cop a break as it is. ppl like yourself who try to commandere ppl's time to wade through crap like this.. good f*cking luck to. we can't let that happen anyway. If we support the things you do and suggest that others might copy or do that are nOt for the good and continuing it, then not only do we break tenets by facilitating harm, like not not saying that ppl probbbably shouldn't feel they want to go around sticking things in the buttholes of unconcious ppl, as rediculous as that is and to think anyone might, then wee become responsible by having seen it and neglecting to acknowledge the rightfulness or not of the actions and line of thought.

kind of like ... supporting and advocating that ppl get abused and neglected. i dont like that.

Blooming tianshi lotus.

There you go.

Merry christmas.

Comment

no i don't think that's happeh. happeh always made us wait for his answer. then he'd illustrate it with some interesting pictures and/or graphs. this new guy doesn't seem that creative.

no offense, of course.
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Yes, but his (or her) comments demonstrate extraordinary thought processes, much like Happeh...

Never did learn that anal resuscitation maneuver in medical school. I do hope I get enlightened here.
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Never did learn that anal resuscitation maneuver in medical school.
                Perhaps its a variation of the gerbil method..

Comment

Originally posted by doc
                  Yes, but his (or her) comments demonstrate extraordinary thought processes, much like Happeh...

Never did learn that anal resuscitation maneuver in medical school. I do hope I get enlightened here.
                  I have either an anatomy book, or a biology book, which describes the practice as one sentence at the end of a long discussion. It is probably the anatomy book that had the information.

I suppose I could look for it if you would like the name of the book and the page number, or the exact words. It has been a long time since I read it so it might be trouble to find it. But the book is right there in my bookcase.

Comment

EDIT: Oh hell Doc. Did you disable images in the posts? They are showing up as links instead of pictures. They used to show up as pictures before I was banned.

U didn't stop pictures in threads to kill my threads did you? I suppose I should go back and look at them, but the thought they may be ruined by showing link throughs instead of the pictures is making me sick. I don't even want to read and edit what I wrote below.

Sorry people. What is written below will not have the impact it would if you could see the pictures as you read. Having to click back and forth to the pictures will break the flow of your concentration and ruin the experience. Oh well. What can I do?

I am gonna go watch TV. Maybe later I will feel like editing the stuff to make sure it is all correct.
                    ------------------------------

I see a lot of views of this thread. Many more than can be accounted for by the people responding. I think there are many people who are quietly reading this discussion, without having to write down hate or gay jokes.

I want to reward those quiet people who want to learn, by giving them a gift that directly applies to this thread.
                    ----------------------

In physics there is a concept called the Center Of Action or something like that. The Center of Action is just what you think it is. If some object is moving, where is the center of that moving object? Finding the Center of Action works just like you think it does. In a simple object, the Center of Object will be the physical center of the object. The picture below shows a simple stick.

The Center of Action of this simple stick, which looks like a two dimensional box, is right in the center of the stick.

The next picture shows a three dimensional box.

Because the box is a simple three dimensional square, the Center of Action would be the physcial center of the box.

The problems start when you try to figure out the Center of Action for a complicated object like a tree.

The tree has branches sticking out in all different directions. Finding the Center of Action can be difficult for a complex object. This is where physics comes in. The laws and equations of Physics can be used to mathematically determine where the Center of Action of a complex object is.

This discussion is about Reverse Breathing in a Human Being. Here is a picture of a human being.

Breathing involves the lungs of a human being. This column is about how a human being breathes. Doc told us about all the muscles used in breathing the way it is taught in medical school. The muscles surrounding the lungs make the lungs move so the person breathes.

If the lungs are moving, that means they are acting. If the lungs are acting, then they must have a Center of Action. The lungs of the human being are is a complex shaped object, which requires the laws of physics to find the Center Of Action. We will take a simple approach instead.

The picture below shows skeleton of a human being, with the internal organs inside of it. The position of the lungs within the skeleton are shown in the next picture.

The next picture shows a front and side view of the human being, with a box around the area where the lungs are.

Because the pictures show simple rectangles, it is easy to figure out where the Center Of Action is. The Center of Action is the physical center of each box.

But neither the human body nor the lungs are flat rectangles. Here is a picture revealing the three dimensional nature of the human body.

The three dimensional area enclosed by the lungs is then outlined.

The box surrounding the lung is like the example box.

Which means that the Center of Action of the lungs, would be right in the center of the box containing the lungs.

OK. This is where we want to stop. This thread is about Normal Breathing and Reverse Breathing. The concept of the Center of Action of a moving object was introduced. Then it was pointed out how the lungs move when they breathe, so they must have a Center of Action. For simplicity, a simple box was drawn around the lungs, and that box represented both lungs.

Since the Center of Action of a simple box is it's physical center, then the Center of Action of the lungs, for a human being breathing with normal breathing as described by Doc and the medical community, would be in the physical center of the box representing the lungs.

In every class there is a genius. Maybe two. I was the genius in my classes. The geniuses always get left out, usually because the teacher is not as smart as they are. Some genius reading what I have written, probably knows all of this and can write it better than me. But just in case the geniuses reading this thread have missed something, I want to give them a present also.

Here is the picture of the skeleton with the position of the lungs outlined by a simple rectangle.

Since that is a simple rectangle, the Center Of Action of the lungs in this front view picture would be in the physical center of the box.

What is located in the human body where that blue dot showing the Center Of Action of the Lungs is? It is hard to see because it is in the center of course, but the heart is where the blue dot is.

Now you geniuses know why the heart is where it is. The heart is located in the Center Of Action of the Lungs. Why would it be there? Because the lungs help the heart of course.

When a human being is exerting themselves, they need extra oxygen and blood. The heart can only do so much. But because the heart is at the Center Of Action of the lungs, when the lungs breath, their action assists or helps the heart.

That is why when you are exerting yourself, you breathe heavily. The action of the lungs adds it's force to the pumping of the heart, so the heart can pump stronger. The physical forces of the pumping lungs, could be thought of as turbocharging the action of the heart.
                    ------------

You know? I should get a Nobel Prize for that.
                    Last edited by mbokohutu; 12-17-2007, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Fixed. The IMG tags should work in this forum. Let me know where else they don't work. I have not changed anything in the other forum areas; it's just that I never set some of these things to use the IMG tags.

russbo.com

Comment

why, mbokohutu wants to use pictures in his posts now too? how uncanny!!
                        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Convinced yet?

Comment

I see a lot of views of this thread. Many more than can be accounted for by the people responding. I think there are many people who are quietly reading this discussion, without having to write down hate or gay jokes.

I want to reward those quiet people who want to learn, by giving them a gift that directly applies to this thread.
                            ----------------------

In physics there is a concept called the Center Of Action or something like that. The Center of Action is just what you think it is. If some object is moving, where is the center of that moving object? Finding the Center of Action works just like you think it does. In a simple object, the Center of Object will be the physical center of the object. The picture below shows a simple stick.

The Center of Action of this simple stick, which looks like a two dimensional box, is right in the center of the stick.

The next picture shows a three dimensional box.

Comment

Because the box is a simple three dimensional square, the Center of Action would be the physcial center of the box.

The problems start when you try to figure out the Center of Action for a complicated object like a tree.

The tree has branches sticking out in all different directions. Finding the Center of Action can be difficult for a complex object. This is where physics comes in. The laws and equations of Physics can be used to mathematically determine where the Center of Action of a complex object is.

This discussion is about Reverse Breathing in a Human Being. Here is a picture of a human being.

Comment

Breathing involves the lungs of a human being. This column is about how a human being breathes. Doc told us about all the muscles used in breathing the way it is taught in medical school. The muscles surrounding the lungs make the lungs move so the person breathes.

If the lungs are moving, that means they are acting. If the lungs are acting, then they must have a Center of Action. The lungs of the human being are is a complex shaped object, which requires the laws of physics to find the Center Of Action. We will take a simple approach instead.

The picture below shows skeleton of a human being, with the internal organs inside of it. The position of the lungs within the skeleton are shown in the next picture.

The next picture shows a front and side view of the human being, with a box around the area where the lungs are.

Because the pictures show simple rectangles, it is easy to figure out where the Center Of Action is. The Center of Action is the physical center of each box.

Comment

Working...
                                X