Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working out...? (biochemistry of lactate metabolism)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh you mean the underworld underworld, as in, not the russbo mafia, but russbo hell.

Comment

There is no such thing as a mafia..

Thanks doc.
      practice wu de

Comment

Awesome stuff from about fatigue, but just because someone is feeling what they would deem to be fatigue, it doesn't neccessarily mean that they are even close to physiologically out of stores and so on. Mental strength and pain threshold ( or the amount of "discomfort" you are prepared to put up with/ work through , as opposed to experiencing any actual "pain" ) is definately a huge part of being able to train for those types of periods.

I think the reason that you got that advice about strength training is likely a combination of hereditary muscle fibre distribution percent and type and lifestyle. Chinese people are generally speaking, much much more active than westerners ( and at home as a result mainly of neccessity). I just had a reveiw of some fitness instructor material a night or 3 ago and the best results for strength was in ppl who were training it 5 days a week and did not train endurance. If you are in it for endurance as part of your training goals, you need to understand that your endurance physioloically comprimses your strength gains on a sliding compartive scale (by some figure I'll get back to you later with) and after 8 weeks at a time, is even detrimental to it, in reality making the new maximum strength you can actually acheive coupled with an endurance regime component just slightly lower and the highest potential of each simultaenously ( by practically all reports and research ) virtually impossible. When I was last training 12hrs a day consistently for more than a few months , I had this exact same discussion with the boys on www.kungfumagazine.com on the muscle basics thread . That was a crazy dscussion and got out of hand really quickly , but there was a couple of really good articles and comments there, so check that out aswell.

cheers

BL

Comment

The first line of that last post should've read props to Doc, but as I kindly get edited by my friendly local cracker anytime I post something substantial, hois name was ommitted.

Anyway, I thought about this last night and being I'm no stranger to all day work outs, I want you to also understand that both nutrition and sleep are major physiological contributors that make this type of load possible, which is why is likely why I pay it so much attention on the forums. If you think you can do this and not fuel it properly or give it time to recover as you sleep every single night for a respectable time, then you're a fool and you are effectively doing more damage than good.
          It's toey business at these hours so I really just wanted to be clear. No excuses ha Consider yourself informed.

Cheers

Blooming Lotus

Comment

why and how would someone edit a portion of your post where you give props to doc?
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I have been taking a multivitamin every morning, and I have been feeling great. I have little to no soreness after working out and that just goes to show some extra nutrition really does go a long way.
              Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Daodojing : Who knows the logic of a lunatic ( ????) but again, this is another thread topic I thought about last night during my late pm workout and I think that if you really want to put in those sort of hours to your training, you also have to realise that beyond even sleep and nutrition, it is one huge commitment !! I'm talking total lifestyle changes and pending the amount of hours you're talking about here, for some of us, as a sole and main focus, you need to think about things like work and money to live , standards and sacrifices you're prepared to endure to make it happen, study and social time and alcohol consumption and certain friendships and respective activities that no longer fit your new goals. It's nothing to take lightly, you're serious or you're not and as elitist as that may sound, and besides explaining why I probably take these hundreds of heavy drinkers and drug users on the boards extremely lightly and often tongue in cheek even, and roll my eyes alot, that's just the harsh truth. I'm sure I won't win any friends with the comment, but someone had to say it so you're welcome.

cheers boys

Blooming Lotus

Comment

Did Dao post in this thread>? I must have missed it.

g
                  ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

BL, if it's alcohol you're wanting to get on people for, maybe you should be talking to Zach, Lover and Master of fine whiskies, and apparently, my master.

So does that make me a fine whiskey?

Comment

Originally posted by onesp1ng
                      Did Dao post in this thread>? I must have missed it.

g

No, not just alcohol. I can get on you for any reason at all really . Besides, Zach's happy kililing himself and I'm happy talking to you lot. Works well really .

BL

Comment

I just ate a piece of cheesecake and had white rice for dinner!

Comment

well, "happy killing myself" might be a bit of an exaggeration, but i do enjoy a stout drink from time to time. i'm not stepping into a ring anytime soon, and i don't feel the need to look like brad pitt all the time.

besides, i'm in a rock and roll band, i don't need to.

Comment

Firstly Doc is full - o - sh*t because that "Doc" thing does it for me everytime, and when the women say it doesn't ( whispers and winks ) ...they're lying :P

Anyway....if Zach wants to be a rockin drinkin kicking strumming fool , he's so totally entitled to do that. And after modelling myself and dancing and being " oooh so sexy and purt and hot and "hmmmmm .come to me ", and am doing enough to turn you on , laying under lights posing for hours , working out for you and not the love of it, ( as in pressure for wt???) and blah blah blah when I really don't give half a poop what the fvck you think of me ) , I 'm kind of enjoying a little A- av ness myself. It's tough being beautiful, so lax while you an and no hate from me. Oh, and if you can stay alive long enough to have an opotion to recover ( as privately as you might have to do it ) , that'd be nice too ..........

B
                            Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 02-11-2005, 03:11 AM.

Comment

You're a model? No wonder you have time to train 12 hours a day! Also, let's see some proof of this alleged, "hotness".

Comment

mmmm, now we're getting somewhere.

g
                                ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Working...
                                X