Hiya :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiya :)

Well, I got this website address from an inside Kung Fu Tai chi, magazine,. I saw a video of some of the weapons demonstrations of kung fu in china, and I really liked it.

I have a long ways to go before I'm going to be looking for a new school, but I don't know if I want to spend the rest of my life in the small Town. I like the system, I like the instructor, but it doesn't have much of the weapons forms. The escrima kubato is taught at many of the same schools in the franchise, but it's not thee weapons system. It's not that I'm looking for a different instructor, per say, it's that help to learn from other people.

I kind of like weapons people find around, such as ice pick, chains, forks, hammers. I don't like weapons, that are flashy basically, just simple and reliable and good to train with. In my experience the flashy stuff, disappoints. Some things I have heard would be neat such as two person forms, and other excercises, and training. I'm thinking someday, I want to have my own studio, but I want to wait. I figure I put some money in an Roth IRA, and let the miracle of compound interest to work. I keep doing martial arts, and working well..

I'm a christian, so I'm not really interested in becoming an monk. No, I'm not expecting to train at the Shaolin Temple. Although religious discussions are fine. Although if someday, I do that would be cool. Doc seems to recommend training in the outdoors, in nice areas scenic areas.

What I'm really doing is fishing for some information, looking for recommendations. Would it be recommended to learn chinese? Also, is their real shaolin monks on this forum? Or are they just pictures someone took. I read about monks that dressed in robs.
    http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

By the way, i'm 21, I made a mistake on saying the weapons system doesn't have many forms. I ment other then the basic sets of bo, escrima, sai, kama, tonfa, and nunchunka. Yeah that's alot of weapons.

Comment

I'm a Christian, at least, I was brought up one. Even was an alter boy, if you can ****ing imagine that. Boy Scout too.

Was thrown out of both. But, that's another story.

I started studying Buddhism after I became a disciple in Shaolin. Wouldn't go so far as to calling myself a good Buddhist, but, I study it. What I'm trying to say, is that you don't have to restrict yourself. Keep an open mind, and learn about different things. I'm also learning Chinese, through my efforts to teach Shi Xing Wei and Shi De Cheng English. Though, it is not necessary to do so, if you want to train in gong fu, in China.

There are no real Shaolin monks on this forum. Few are computer literate, very few speak English well enough to even talk on forums such as these. But you'll find a lot of their students hanging around here.

Welcome to the gang. Hope you enjoy your stay.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Well, I will tell you, I think you will find me well read on the matter. You know my martial arts teacher is a christian, and sometimes when he explains stuff it seems mystical. In reality it is simply illusion, or physcis. I think it would not seem mystical, if they used science terms, such as kinetic, or potential energy. By the way, I'm abstain from sex, and alcohol. I avoid strong language as much as possible, try not to get into fights, well physical(I live with my two sisters, my mother and father, conflict will be ineventiable.

For example, I do believe in chi, mostly as our ability to focus. I saw an experiment with, that kai'd and their performance accuracy went up. Yes, I do believe we have magnetic fields.

Anyway, I weight 250, trying to slim down. I don't know I would be good at jumping around, although I would be up too that. I'm kind of looking for direction, as to what to research. For example, I heard there are two types of boxing, internal and external, internal is like judo. I also have interests in European fencing, learning a little bit of my roots, although I like the tai chi sword.

My teacher specilizes in the tonfa, he favors the straight on defense. He studied a bit of tai chi though, I don't know from other people, in a different system.

Comment

Working...
        X