No announcement yet.

Shaolin Temple UK Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Yanzi ever used traditional Shaolin Gong Fu in a real fight? Okay... here's the answer, in the plainest terms possible:

NO ONE KNOWS. Maybe I'll ask him. Maybe I won't. Why does it matter anyway? My guess is, probably not- his Buddhist sensibilities always go against it. In his own words, (well not his exact words but you know what I mean), if you look like you're not gonna back down from a fight, the chances are you probably won't have to fight. If you make it clear you're not afraid, then the troubemakers tend to back down. And trust me, Yanzi doesn't look afraid lol. In any case, if he has used it in a fight, I certainly don't think he's the one who came out the worse for wear.
    "Be Cool" - Lao Tzu

Comment

• Vince,

Jesus, for someone who yells alot about people misconstruing your words, read others' more clearly:

lipster..i cant tell the difference between traditional and what wushu or kempo persay? oh i cant huh?

what it comes down to is i dont really care about shi yanzis san da tournaments...

and i dont care what techniques he is supposed to have trained in....

im hearing alot of..oh hes said to have done this..or that

And you'd never be able to see TGF and Sanda as one until you trained [or watched] it yourself and had a working knowledge of traditional applications - which you don't. Neither do I....

That's what I said. You keep on saying 'to hell with Sanda, that don't mean shit, I wanna know about TGF'. And my point is that they don't have to be dichotomous. When I refer to Sanda I mean freestyle fighting in which one can apply their 'form' techniques, not just the limited kickboxing sport. What I was trying to say was that you need a working knowledge of traditional form techniques to see how this is. Fighting in a freestyle manner does not negate the fact that you are fighting with TGF.

i dont know why you guys try so hard to convince me of all this dumb shit ive heard and probably said before, but im not about to try and figure you all out..
      Oh God please, you always do this. You ask a friggin question, you'll get some answers. Whether they satisfy you or whether you've heard them before is up to you, but don't turn the tables and have a go at people for trying to ‘convince' you.

You like answers? You still owe me one. I asked in my last post:

but the point is, they claim to teach shaolin kung fu for spiritual/health/combative purposes and im not so certain about the latter
      This is a common logical fallacy called the Cartesian standard. It's what WKK's entire rationale was based on. Just because it's conceivable that they can't apply their art in combat doesn't make it so. The burden of proof is on you, not me. The proof is largely in the monks' favour, they are incredible athletes who have been trained in an art which has had hundreds of years of evolution. There is no logical evidence to indicate that they have lost the essence and true combat efficiency of TGF as WKK says. All the factors seem to indicate that they can woop some major league ass. So what substantial evidence is there to show that they can't use their GF correctly, aside from personal opinion? Just the fact that they don't use it? That's pretty weak.
      Aside from saying, 'well I don't think they can really fight', please explain why.

like i care?
      Well then don't bloody ask!!

when it comes down to it, the only way im going to get some real answers about yan zi would be to ask him myself..or some senior student at shaollin uk(no offense lipster)
      Y'know that might just be a good idea. I'm sure it would be an interesting convo. And of course no offence taken, I'm not that delusional.

im actually getting tired of people telling me that, as if there is some sort of standard for a fight..oh it has to end this way..oh no it will always be quick..nope sorry cant use stances..bla bla bla bla bla

Vince, you really need more logical structure to your rhetoric. What are you on about? You gotta be based in reality. Of course you can make general outlines for a fight! No real fight is gonna take 10 mins straight! Most real fights are quick and nasty, this is the nature of fights. People don't pirouette through fights. The idea of exchanging blows over a prolonged period of time is a result of media bullshit! Some of the applications people use for stances in combat are IRRATIONAL through ignorance of their usage. Of course you can set certain reasonable standards...

thats about it..no yea we train in iron body..or yea sure we do eagle claw training or oh yea we do this to develope this or that to acquire this..

but you dont seem to have the answers..you just dont know enough about the place i guess..otherwise youd say something that could actually help your case..like for one backing up the fact that kung fu isnt just about the form
      which you havent..i havent heard diddly around here about stamina training..hard body training(only the supposedlys), speed..agility..bla bla

I can only speak from my experience, which really isn't much. So I'm sorry about that, but anyways you're talkin smack again. I thought we're discussing the traditional combat efficiency of the monks and Sanda. And you're talking about kung fu not just being about the form. Well of course it isn't, that's what I've been saying all along. God knows I've gone on enough about stamina and external conditioning. And what's speed, agility, HB training and bla bla got to do with determining the traditional authenticity of the monks combat training?

all i hear around here is..oh ya ...shi yanzi is one crazy mutha ****a..he be like an athelete and hes crazy bo bazy
      No, you hear what you want to hear. Selective hearing, bud...

all i asked was if yanzi ever used traditional shaolin gongfu in a fight and i got back a bunch of bs about san da, kung fu forms and some rumors or whatever

Well I hope I've explained myself about the TGF and the Sanda.

anyway..what this rant is really all about is me..mocking you guys posts..because they are just all shit
      I love a good compliment Vince.

"The wise man mocks the man, the mocked man mocks the mocker"

they really dont have anything original to say..you seem to forget ive been studying this shit for what 3 years now..training for the past few months and keeping intouch with all sorts of martial artists around the world
      Sorry, that don't mean shit. I told you, to fully grasp my point about TGF and Sanda, you have to have a working knowledge of TGF applications. Whatever WKK is, I'm sure he knows his stuff, he's supposed to have several decades of experience in MA and even he seems to have a problem trying to grasp the Sanda/Gong Fu thing. So don't tell me the fact that you've been following MA for three years means anything in relationship to this.

its a little annoying being demeaned when all your trying to do is find answers...
      No one's demeaning you, I thought you were a fan of the hard hitting approach.

woodens never trained in anything his whole life and he deameans boxing and kickboxing as if they arent martial arts
      Wooden's done Karate for ten years.

has yan zi ever applied traditional shaolin kung fu in a combat situation
      Okay, the reason I have a problem answering this is because of what your opinion of what TGF is. I am saying that if you fight Sanda you are fighting with TGF, your conception of Sanda may be different. As a side point, I doubt he's ever had a 'real' fight [out of the ring], although what do I know. Another point, to perhaps clear this up a little, is that Yanzi states that he trains in Traditional Shaolin Gong Fu. Yet he describes his fighting style as Chinese Sanshou style. Maybe that would shed some light on your question...

I DONT CARE

RAAAAA

Peace bro...

Comment

• And in this corner, with large dark sunglasses, and multi colored skin, a russbo.com demi-god, the Lipsterrrrr.....

Wow. Time to get out the gloves.

Just FYI, as I'm not a fighting man, and I like to avoid these skirmishes (having to deal with far too many assaults from the church goddesses), sanda is derived en toto from traditional gong fu.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to hide in my corner. The ladies have beaten me up enough as it is.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

• ah ha

heheheheh

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

well the point is there is a difference between shaolin kung fu and san da

as i know it, san da is obviously based on shaolin kung fu, but its limited to kicks/punches and grappling

so as far as i know, its kickboxing with grappling

and if your gonna say its anymore then that, then someones feeding you some bs because if it was more then that..or alot more then either the person telling you that is ignorant of the facts or they are hideing something

because if it was more then that..or alot more then just that, then it wouldnt be any different the TSKF, and sanda isnt Shaolin kung fu, its san da......SAN DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

heheheheh
          "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

• Sanda is a bit more than kickboxing. It includes some sweeps that you generally don't see in kickboxing. And since I haven't gotten to the advanced levels of sanda, I can't be of any more assistance with this.

Now, the bigger question would be, if the Lipster and the Maestro were in a ring together, no holds barred, who would leave.....

lol,
            doc
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

• *$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*

i could take the whole russbo community with my hands tied behind my back
              "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

• when

when is the comparison of Wahnam and UK Shaolin going to be posted.... I really am interested to read that. So what's up Wooden? How's that going?

Amitabha!
                Bhodi

Comment

• The Temple just swept the board

(Lei Tai?) at the British national San Da competition with about 2/3 of all weight catagory wins. Didn't see any students from certain other UK schools that many have dismissed as charlatans ;-)

So Yan Zi has proved his skill as a techer as well as fighter now... and if anyone still thinks they can get answers to questions like 'er, has he ever applied his techniques in a real fight' I suggest they come down, work there butt off, earn some self respect and diplomacy and his respect adn then you'll be able to honestly ask him...

Stop talking/typing and get training dudes - no talking all action and all that

:-)

Peace

Comment

• i dont think the report is ever gonna be written here man.

dave
                    simple and natural is my method,
                    true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

• Well, beggar pretty much hit the nail on the head.

The report'll come up eventually, I just think wooden's busy...

Comment

• are we still waiting?

Comment

• And I thought I was bad in getting stuff done, lol. (I am truly behind on stuff, so truly behind...)

Has someone emailed or PM'd our researcher?

russbo.com

Comment

• Yeah, but he hasn't logged on for months. Probably went away for a while...

Comment

• either that or it was just MORE publicity for wong kiew kits school

dave
                              simple and natural is my method,
                              true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

• Maybe, the Wahnamites got threatened by this upcoming expose that he was going to write, and got together and used ALL of their qi, to disperse all of wooden's body molecules into the atmosphere, and send him all over the world as some sort of dark, threatening cumulus cloud.

Wooden may be raining in Russia as we speak.

We may never see wooden again.

Oh, the pain of such a thought!

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X