No announcement yet.

Chain Whips and One Arm Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They did start making them that way. And that bright orange isn't the nicest looking. Compared to the traditional. But originally those robes were two pieces and they tucked one arm in when in front of an audience or in presence of a higher monk. Example of that is when the Buddha gave his speaches, or... lack of speach. Sermon I guess... All the disciples there to learn what he was teaching folded their right sleeve inside the robe bearing their right shoulder. And I guess Shao Lin monks lately just thought it's a cool look and always wore it like that. And then finally just made them with only one sleeve. Like those bright orange one sleeve robes that Shi Xing Hong has his students wear in China. That can be seen in the video section of this site. All the kids doing the sword and shield form. I believe that is Xing Hong's school. Could be wrong. But that's what they wear. In other Buddhist temples like in other lands, the robes are made of about three pieces and one layer can be tied under the right arm to expose the right shoulder. Again, only in front of an audience of people or in the presence of a higher monk. Obviously Shao Lin just liked the style and kept it that way. Even making them.

A mi tuo Fo
    -Xing Jian

Comment

some of the monks in STUK are wearing the bright orange uniform. Not my favourite. Look like they would go up like a firework if someone even walked close by with a cigarette.

Comment

Working...
      X