No announcement yet.

Several Things on Shaolin Gongfu...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, well over 18. But that doesn't mean you can have me. I still don't like guys. Stop worrying about my age.

Comment

Well, I don't think you're taking it like an adult very much. But what do I know about being an adult, I'm only in my early twenties, and I don't care what you say. I've been at this forum from almost the very beginning. A lot of people have come through here struting their stuff. They end up leaving just as soon as they got here. These kind of people don't scare me, I've seen a hell of lot more meaner, uglier things in my own head then some of the personalities people try to portray on this forum.

In anycase this is not an attack on you Baojian. Do as you please man. Take care.
      "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Thanks. I don't mean to piss people off. I just say what I think. Some people don't like that. I think if people come to a forum they should be able to speak freely. If someone doesn't like that. It's not worth posting. Like I said before. Nothing on here should be so important it can take anyone's happiness. It sure won't take mine. I'm just trying to say what I think. If someone doesn't like it just post your own ideas. But don't get so pissed and try to argue. And why ask for age? That's not needed. No reason to be all like that. Geesh.

Comment

bao if its not to personal what do you train in? a number of years is irrelevant, just interested

and, this thread is nothing compared to the heated battles this forum has seen, so its not that big a deal, most adults dont know what mature means, not really anyhow

so screw it, **** tkd and all its ****ty kicks, **** em all, id pound all there champs aswell, weak ****ers!!

and cmon, who but me can say theyve made more members willing leave the forum then I? hmmm, i think no one!! bwahahaa

amitabha
          "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

baojian, if you're looking for people of other styles to spar, you, and anyone else, are welcome to my dojo anytime. i'm certainly not a tkd champ, or a champ of any sort. in fact, as doc can attest, i'm mostly a small guy with a big smile. like some other guys at our dojo, I've had experience in many kinds of martial arts. tkd was the one I've spent the most time in. i know tkd takes a beating, as it should sometimes, but i get real tired of people making gross generalizations, usually about something they know little of. the only gross generalizations that I could make about martial arts is that a person has to train hard and nearly every martial art has something useful, given the correct training methodologies. I would say most experienced people I've run into agree to.

but, I think i keep making this arguement and it just doesn't go anywhere. zachsan, nice try.

anyways, if you magically find yourself in japan, feel free to stop by.
            -Jesse Pasleytm
            "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

and, this thread is nothing compared to the heated battles this forum has seen
              God Maestro, don't you miss those days?

Where's Dan and the WKK boys lately? (Just looked at WKK"s new book on "Shaolin Gong Fu" in Border's last night. IMO, pitiful...)
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
              russbo.com

Comment

i miss the old forum altogether! but hey, thats another story

the lawsuit threats were pretty funny to

heheheheh

amitabha
                "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

yeah i jumped on the bandwagon a bit too late. i would much rather be telling someone he can't cure cancer for the principle of it than defending a martial art for the principle of it.

- zach

Comment

Ok, I'm back I was gone a couple days. Not much to say on this thread anymore. But answer some questions. What style I train in was asked. I do Shao Lin Gong Fu and Seven Star Praying Mantis. I have messed around with some other styles like Muay Thai. But nothing serious. Gong Fu is my style and forever will be.

As for taking a trip to Japan for fighting some other styles.. I don't know. It's quite a ways to go. But if I am ever there. Perhaps. Right now I am in USA and I have a school of my own where I teach Shao Lin and Praying Mantis Gong Fu. That takes all of my time. Practicing, Teaching, Posting on this forum, and going out with chicks on the weekends, haha. But I would like to take my students to other schools to practice against other styles. They're not always gonna fight Gong Fu stylists. In my city there is mostly Tae Kwon Do and a few Japanese schools that teach various Japanese arts. I guess that seems to be the way it is in most cities. But I am the only real Gong Fu school in town. There is this black guy who says he's like 10th duan. Teaches Karate, Tae Kwon Do, and some style he made up called Tai Wei or something. Whatever the hell that means. He made like a mix, kicks of tae kwon do, power of karate, weapons of the ninja. It's a joke. I don't know. And I saw a video of him from one of his students I met. He was dressed like Chinese and doing tae kwon do forms calling it Gong Fu. He had a big pic of Shi Yan Ming on his school like he knows him. Which is bull. But he isn't teaching what he calls gong fu anymore. Or I'd have my students kill his students. Puhaha, just joking. I have to change my attitude a lot when at my school. Anyway, that's what I am busy with. Just to answer your questions, Shao Lin/ Praying Mantis Gong Fu. And Japan someday. I will be in China this fall actually. Girl's birthday... the plane will stop in Japan for like three days.

Anywho...

Comment

gong fu is your style??//????????? please explain only humans can explain. goung fu is now a style of chinese martial arts???
                      life is a cumquat (Maxwell Smart)

Comment

Gong Fu is Chinese Martial Arts. Of Gong Fu, Shao Lin and Praying Mantis are my styles. Anyway, don't try to be so smart. You knew what it means. Gong Fu is a Martial Art with styles within it... goofy

Comment

yeah goofy, glad you could tell
                          life is a cumquat (Maxwell Smart)

Comment

ha

Comment

I really enjoyed this thread. It was very funny to read baojian's degradation of a Tae Kwan Do. He kind of reminds me of the bad guys from the Karate Kid movies. They too always had the attitude that they were number one on the block. Funny stuff when an old man and a dorky kid showed the bad guys how to "Wax on, wax off."

Anyway, I think that Tae Kwon Do is very good. It might be simple, utilitarian and graceless to some Gong Fu practitioners, but it is very effective for self-defence for many average Americans. The average American is pretty busy going to school, working, dealing with social and family problems, trying to make ends meet etc... To go to Tae Kwon Do school for a short period can be effective enough for many of these people. For example having to defend yourself against a street thug or school bully after only a two months of Tae Kwon Do would be much more effective than two months of Gong Fu. Basics are not always a bad thing for everyone. For most westerners, dedicating a lifetime to a martial art is not always feasible. For basic self-defense something like Tae Kwon Do or beginning boxing is sometimes the best choice for many.

Comment

I agree Tae Kwon Do is good for self defense on the street. As any martial art. But fighting another Martial Artist you are dead. And don't ever insult me that way again. Karate kid? What the hell. If those kids were martial artist they would have kicked that dorky kids ass along with Miagi. That dude doesnt know anything. Silly movie. And they had the bad attitude before they could prove theirselves. Give me the tkd champion and if he beats me I'll shut up. But if I totally kill his ass, then he sucks. A long with Tae Kwon Do. In fighting a real martial artist. If anyone knows where to find him, please tell him I challenge him with Gong Fu!

Comment

Working...
                                X