No announcement yet.

Abdominals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lei Yun for I have a really easy exercise for lats that will leave you sore the next day. No equipment necassary.

Just perform each movement 100 times. Sounds like alot but its not...It's easy.

1: Reach up high with boths hands arms straight and pull down like you were using a lat machine at a gym. As you pull down really focus on your last muscles. Make sure your elbows are out coming down and push back up when your elbows touch your hips or love handles. You can do this fast but with focus on the lats and good form (elbows out). Or you can do it slow and throw a little dynamic tension in and "by about 20 you want to call for mommy!", as my teacher would say.

there's some other ones but I'll have to post them later.
    "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Originally posted by tetsumaru
      Lei Yun for I have a really easy exercise for lats that will leave you sore the next day. No equipment necassary.

Just perform each movement 100 times. Sounds like alot but its not...It's easy.

1: Reach up high with boths hands arms straight and pull down like you were using a lat machine at a gym. As you pull down really focus on your last muscles. Make sure your elbows are out coming down and push back up when your elbows touch your hips or love handles. You can do this fast but with focus on the lats and good form (elbows out). Or you can do it slow and throw a little dynamic tension in and "by about 20 you want to call for mommy!", as my teacher would say.

there's some other ones but I'll have to post them later.

Testumaru, thanks for the advice. However, I've read a bit about dynamic tension, and what I've read wasn't good. It was basically chalked up to be an old fad that people used to be into.
      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

LOL well a lot of fat people just need to get off their asses and move to loose weight. And most all people suck at breathing, so really, it's all conditional. And I happen to have neither of those conditions...except when my nose is all stuffed up...

Comment

Try an exercise wheel and do planks.
          The East? The West?

Men and Women, that's all...

Comment

an interesting thing i learned is that when lifting the arm, if you do not engage the shoulder then you will be using your lats, which are stronger and unified more to your center. you can also try a rowing machine if you have a gym at school, when you hit college they will definitly have one there.
            "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

I have a weight room at my school and weight equipment at my house, and I find rows to be ineffective. It's most probably my technique, but it might be that my arms give out faster than my lats. I prefer pull-ups (chin-ups), but I'll probably be trying out the bent over rows again.

Comment

widen your grip when doing your pull ups...or some pull up bars angle at the ends grab on there and try your pull ups...its definately harder but you can feel your lat muscles more and less on your arms...The bent over rows are a great idea too...you can do that movement again without any weight in the similar fashion that I described (100 fast or slow with dynamic tension)...oh I had heard he same about what you said about dyanmic tension but if you discipline yourself and stick to a consistent work-out schedule incorporating dyanmic tension you (I should say I noticed..its deifferent for everyone) will notice a difference....I like do exercises that do not require any use of machines or equipment. I feel I strengthen different muscles this way.
                "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Yeah, I do about 1.5+ shoulder width. The bend is might be standard, so how far I do it is I hold the bar right where it begins to bend. This works out to substantially greater than my shoulder width.

Comment

the trick to the bent over row is to flex your lats lightly before engaging in the movement, give your lats the tigers share of the work. and is okay to lean back into it, this will help you to engage and isolate the lats. pullups are good too, but much more challenging.
                    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Working...
                    X