Training in Fujian with Shi Yan Jun, Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training in Fujian with Shi Yan Jun, Questions

Hello, my friend and i are planning on traveling to fujian in august to train with Shi Yan Jun for around 6 months to a year. I was wondering if anybody had any information regarding Shi Yan Jun and or traveling in Fujian. I was recently told by someone not to travel to Fujian, they said it was a **** hole, i have done alot of research and i can not find anything to support there conclusion about Fujian. Im still 100 % all about training in Fujian but my friend has recently goten scared about traveling there since this person told us not to go there. I expect to have to boil my water **** in a outhouse or do what ever as life in china is clearly far from life for me in canada. This is what i expect and want. The same person who told us not to travel to Fujian suggested training in Taiwan. Ive been searching for hours on any type of training in taiwan. I can not find any live in academys or any service that offers martial arts training all day and they provide shelter and meals. So im prety much looking for any information regarding life in Fujian, training with Shi Yan Jun, And or training option sin Taiwan. Also would the cost of living/training in taiwan be much more than china ?

Why are you going to Fujian when there are many, many more established and proven opportunities to be in and near Shaolin?
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Mainly because i would get the chance to live in the same house as a monk, and my training would be alot more personal, that usally works better for me. I was originally thinking of going to an academy type situation , (northern shaolin) or just a school. But training on a daily basis while living with the person who is training me seems alot more efficent and fun. Shi Yan Jun is in fujian now training a couple monks is what i am being told atleast thru email now, and when i fly to fujian he would be at my friend and i full disposal. Its one of his students i am talking to thru email who said this.

I am more than willing to look at going anywhere to train, i mainly want to wake up every morning with only one thing to do and that is train martial arts. I get the feeling that i would need to get a job in taiwan to sustain living there, does anyone know if the cost of living is much more expensive in taiwan compared to china ? and if there are any live in academy type situations there ?

As of now training with Shi Yan Jun seems the most appealing to me because of the ammount of training that would be capable when you live with your sifu/trainer. but i am open to any suggections anyone has to make about the route to go on training in china.

One question i have that has little to do with any of this is, Does anyone know if a Jeet Kune Do school exists in china/taiwan, i know there are some in japan. This is the system of combat my training comes from, i have been in JKD for a while now, so im just wondering if there were any schools i could visit while in asia to see how things are done with JKD over there

Thanks

Comment

who are you?!?!

who the hell are these people who come on here and talk about going to china and training for like a year and ****? who has that kind of money besides rich retired doctors and such?

damnit, if i knew you fei hung id rob you..sorry but its true!

grrrr

amitabha
        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Shi Yan Jun is in fujian now training a couple monks is what i am being told atleast thru email now, and when i fly to fujian he would be at my friend and i full disposal.
          Careful. Be very careful.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

I completely know what you mean by being carfull, this post is one of my hopes on making a more educated decision about traveling to Fujian, But i suspose if anything does not go the way i like it i can always just travel to Shaolin/Taiwan and scope the scene first hand for a school. Just looking for any and all info

Comment

One thing you need to realize. There is much smoke and mirrors in China. There's a reason why that is a common saying. What you're told and what you get can be two completely different things. Now, since I've already been threatened by the Chinese for saying bad things about them, LOL, I'll continue to say bad things.

You don't always get what you expect when you travel to China. In fact, I'd say, that you rarely do.

Best thing to do is travel down there and check it out. Keep your option open to go to Shaolin, where there are many more schools to choose from. And, where the training is more "typical".

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
              X