Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knuckles

Doc,

The other day, I did something stupid, and punched something that was pretty hard, pretty wrong. My ring knuckle is suffering now. My pinky knuckle has been jacked up pretty bad in the past, and I am pretty sure it's irreversable. I don't want my other knuckle to crap out, so is there anything that I could to do prevent that without going to see a doctor, who will take expensive x-rays and all that good stuff?

I have rubbed it with Dtit dah jow, but it still, I am worried. Any advise?
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Go to the doctor.

Get it X rayed. If there's damage, do whatever the doctor tells you to do. If there's no structural damage and just some swelling and bruising, then use jow and practice qigong.

Comment

Ice it up carefully to keep the swelling down, keep it immobile, and get it x-rayed. If you have a fracture, it needs to be appropriately immobilized to heal properly. If not, proper temporary immobilzation is necessary for the surrounding tissues to heal well. Don't mess with these things. And be careful what you punch in the future.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Thanks for all the help, guys.

I haven't been able to get an x-ray yet [thrifty parents], but I have been trying to keep it from moving for about two days. I haven't touched it since I read the post.
        Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Working...
        X