Fat : How low can you go ???????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat : How low can you go ???????????

I made refernce to this yesterday in a post so I dug through a few books and found a closing comment from Dr. Monroe Rosenthal ( Medical director of the Pritikin Longevity Centre Santa Monica, Calafornia) and thought ( with some ppl on these types of boards thinking that because their text book said so, it must be the absolute most effecient advice, when the ones writing it are do something different and stricter altogether ) that some of you may have been interested in the read.

It comes from a colaborative work from various doctors in the US called " The Doctors Book of Home Remedies " and you can find the experp on pg 17.

" Fat : How low can you go ???

Can you live a life totally devoid of butter , cream, cheescake and eggs? Can you steer clear of fatty foods like chips and devote your diet to mainly vegetables and fruit and wholegrains???
    Sure you can, says Dr Monroe Rosenthal , director of the Pritikin Longevity centre, Santa Monica , California, because thousands of ppl have done it and continue to do it and they have shown a remarkable improvement in their heart health as a result.

"We recommend a diet in which 10 % of cals come from fat ( and so how to make up the rest of the dietary composition ??? http://ivy_league0.tripod.com/rhyme_...rer/id106.html............... ????) , " states Dr. Rosenthal. That means no more than 3 1/2 ounces per day of fish , poultry or lean meat. And since the av American diet comprises 50 % of cals from fat, that's a pretty drastic cutback!!! "
    "Sure, it's tough " Dr. Rosenthal says. " Some of the ppl do go on the 'diet' and fall off . But it's a great alternative to heart bypass surgery (down the track) or to being apprehensive all the time that you're going to get chest pain whatever you do. The 'diet' ( dirty word btw ) requires commitment , a positive attitude and some effort."
    But the payoff, he says, can be big! " Blood pressure drops, cholesterol drops, episodes of chest pain decline, and a clinical symptoms improve," he says.

"Frequently we can completely eliminate certain medications ." One study of 893 Pritikin patients, for example, showed that their cholesterol levels dropped on average of 25% after just four weeks on the 'diet' .

And 62 per cent ofte angina patients left, (and were ) drug free, while many others were able to reduce their need for medication after finishing the complete programme of diet, exercise and education. How realiastic is a goal of 10 % of cals from fat though ??? Dr. Sidney C Smith Jnr, says it's attainable by only 10 % ( !!!!! wt???? ) of the population.

The recommendation from mainstream medicine and the American Heart Association ( AHA) to cut back to "30 % of calories from fat " ( as we always always often hear "the educated folk " recommend ( and pls see " p*ss in your pocket because you're stupid and weak methodology 101 ) ) are more realistic. "These guidelines are effective and "attainable " by a fairly large percentage of the population ," he says.
    But he adds, he'd like to eventually see the guidelines get even lower. "In my own diet I'm a lot stricter than AHA guidelines. I've made those changes in my own life ."

And that, in Dr. Rosenthal's opinion, is the bottom line. "It's not really a diet - it's a way of life! " " ( end quote )

The sad thing about these stats and info is that sometimes common sense and information just isn't enough. Society is soft , badly habitted by misinformation and false beliefs, standards and understandings etc and ingnorant, so look for excuses or short cuts ( like me and my smoking habit I'm about to kick ( in lieu for new nikes and morning run regime ) for example ) . Live long folks , eat well, exercise often and smartly and stop telling me I'm wrong for freaks sake !!!

cheers

Always Blooming Lotus

You're right this time. And it's good advice.

And you're still a freak. But, we like you anyway. I'll delay my visit to HELL for a while.

Now why don't you stop smoking (I knew you were a smoker), and get healthier? All this health advice from someone who's doing the absolutely worse thing a human can do.....
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

You're right this time.
      lol, for once...

And you're still a freak
      people are catching on.
      practice wu de

Comment

Blooming lotus is always alright in my book.

BTL, Hi!

g
        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

hey, holy shit there is a chick here....

get over it...
          practice wu de

Comment

Originally posted by doc
            I'll delay my visit to HELL for a while.
            Does that mean you were planning to call BL and talk to her about this on the phone?

Or meet her in person?

lol, BL.
            Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

thank you Stylee !!!

Originally posted by doc
              You're right this time. And it's good advice.

And you're still a freak. But, we like you anyway. I'll delay my visit to HELL for a while.

Now why don't you stop smoking (I knew you were a smoker), and get healthier? All this health advice from someone who's doing the absolutely worse thing a human can do.....

rflmao..........

I'm not sure which of the 2 of us you're reffering to here but rest assured all you pedastle fans that the stop smoking thing is on the immediate agenda ..... Buying a new pair of nikes any moment and for the sake of credibilty and cardio boosting, trading my smoking habit off for a 5 - 6 km run. Don't chew me out for it though, because my stupid trainer is kind of otherwise committed ( with training to retaining his belt in a few weeks ) and good influences are hard to find

Btw : on freakiness .................................................. .............. and so says the big bald shaolin playing white skinned 7" smooth talking hell headed hard as* good Doctor himself......... rolleyes and lol...... :P ..................

BL

Onesp1ng : see ya !!!!

lol.......... :P

Comment

Originally posted by LeiYunFat
                Does that mean you were planning to call BL and talk to her about this on the phone?

Or meet her in person?

lol, BL.

And all this time I thought the Doc and I were doing it later in hell ........ and now LYF is comming too???? I'm starting to think it's going be crowed down there ....... thx for the fix - up attempt anyway, just broke my fi'ances heart and now single again , so appreciate the gesture .............

Cheers
                B

Comment

Originally posted by blooming tianshi lotus
                  thx for the fix - up attempt anyway, just broke my fi'ances heart and now single again , so appreciate the gesture .............

Cheers
                  B
                  LeiYunFat, I see an opportunity to REDEEM yourself.

Bwahahahahahahaha.............

Comment

what the hell is going on?

either way.. be careful with this.

newly single, haven't you only been back home a few months?
                    practice wu de

Comment

HAHAHHA, you guys slay me.

Oh, and I hope to appreciate the gesture, lol.
                      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

I don't even know where to start on this.

As far as the low fat high fiber diet, I say go for it, but don't cut back on the meat. Doc said something about a proctologist talking about healthy bowels giving out a "yellowish brown six inch floater every morning" well, with this diet, its more like a 22 incher. You know the average daily bowel weight in the us is approx. 8 ounces? While in the rest of the world the approx. avg. is a pound and a half? This shows how little fiber we're eating.

As far as the smoking, quit tobbacco, except for ceremonial use, take up cannabis for daily meditative use. And opium only during the three days immediatley following a prize fight.
                        Don't forget to moxa susanli every day during training!!!
                        Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

As far as poop size and consistencey goes, I guess it all depends on what's in there in the first place , now doesn't it As long as they're moving frequently ( as in each day min ) , I think you're safe.

As far as the meat though, I only agree it should be incorporated into your diet, more-so because there are certain enzymes you need from meat for your organs to function properly than for the iron. I think the 3 x a week thing is too much if you're doing a good multi - vit aswell and once or thrice a f/n should be ample.

On quitting smoking, I'd love to humour you and lol about switching to greener pastures ( ) , but kind of sore on that today. Had some idiot at training comment on it last night and just not in the mood to have any pressure more than I'm giving myself already . On perfect health and extreme fitness though, I heard an interesting conversation between pot and kettle recently, so maybe sometime I'll tell you about it .

Stylee, I should ignore that question because it's just none of your godammed business, but since I brought it up myself, yah been back for just over 3 mths , but me and cop-babe spoke on the phone every couple of days and emailed and jazz but guess it's just not going to work. Busy enough with training right now and trying to gear trips to Thailand for some more hard cored training and looking at some new modelling contracts and security assignments and stuff, so too busy to cry ( care ). Life's too ashort to comprimise and reality is harsh. ................ but back to health and training chats .

BL

Comment

you are an opinionated one.

Comment

Originally posted by zachsan
                              you are an opinionated one.
                              lol, you learn, finally
                              practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                              X