Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know anyone in Hawaii?

Dear Doc,

I live here in Honolulu and martiall arts is a big thing, mainly the fighting side of it all. Mixed martial arts is what everyone is into here, I don't care much for that sort of violence. I want to train to learn the artistic side of martial arts. Kung-fu has always fascinated me with its artsy movement. So I guess you can say I'm more of a lover than a fighter. Anyways do you know of anyone here in Honolulu who trains? There are gung-fu schools here but they are to commercial, I don't want a flake, I want to meet someone who truely lives the Shaolin Gung-fu life.

There was one guy who was fresh from Shang hi. He spoke zero english, so I learned soley by sight. A translator said that he was a well know teacher in China. He was good...I accidentally found him in a park training and he happily invited me to join him. Soon I began a regular training session on Saturdays. He didn't want me to pay him, but I payed him for this rare opportunity. Soon work and school got in the way and I stopped meeting him. Later I came back to find him in the park to train; he never came back. I assume he went back to China. I still look for him in parks.

Do you know of anyone here in Honolulu Hawaii?

Respectfully,

Jason

If he was real, he probably got deported, LOL.

Unfortunate, but sometimes the best opportunities in martial arts are not found in stores.

I know no one in Hawaii. In fact, years ago, I knew few in Vegas, which is why I went to China.

Sorry I can't be of any help here. The last time I was in Hawaii was , oh, almost ten years ago. Brought my girlfriend and watched all the newlyweds fight. Oh, also went on top of that mountain with the observatories, and stood on the top with my head upside down between my legs, watching planes fly by, because some local drug addict thought it was a good idea. Another story....
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

That sounds like a sad story, MMA. Especially the part, "I still look for him in parks. "

Sounds like a movie or something. Heh.
      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

I got two cousins that live there...but I no nothing of the place. Hope to go one day.

g
        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Working...
        X