i lurk no longer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i lurk no longer

hey. renato here. thought i'd finally introduce myself...

I've been studying martial arts for a very short time. Just under one year. I'm 33 years old (34 in May 2007). I started off studying Yang Tai Chi (6 months at 2 hours per week) and got as far as the simplfied 24 form and beginnings of the 32 sword form. I studied under an ex-student of the Beijing Institute, though skilled she was not that interested in developing new students.

Since I stopped lessons with her I've been studying under Liu Shuai Meng, a laymonk from the Shaolin temple. First i studied Shaolin open hand forms and Chen tai chi in his group classes, Now I have 2 hours private tuition a week in Chen tai chi, which i've decided to focus on.

I'll be going over to china (for the first time) round the end of march 2007. I was initially very dissapointed to discover the romantic vision i had of training in china was not based in reality but after much internal debate i've decided that Chenjiagou village is where i want to go, at least initially.

I run a little blog about my upcoming trip (preperations, training etc.) at http://chenjiagou2007.blogspot.com/. else i lurk.

There are only 10 types of people in this world.
    Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Working...
X