Iron Neck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Neck...

I was just watching Miths and Logics of Shaolin Kung Fu. They were also talking about Iron Neck skill... and to me it seems alot easier to practise than Iron Shirt or Iron Palm... is this true or is it just as hard to practise?

Also, they were talking about the Secular Deciples Training School. Like what they said was that if you can handle the hard training, they'll ask you to be a monk (they also said that lots of ppl dropped out after a while at the school). So I guess it's not that hard to become a monk, if you have the will-power and you won't give up... right?

Wrong.

That's pretty funny actually. Advertising at its best. I'm sure Yongxin would appreciate that.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Has anyone else seen this documentary?

Comment

There are many reasons for people to drop out. And in this case, hard training is probably not one of them.

For one, the school where the foreigners used to train was a nice little temple over looking Shaolin village. It's been torn down I think, couldn't find it yesterday or today.

For two, many students of that school complained, for various reasons. They weren't happy with how they were taught or treated, from what I heard.

Also, if the Disciple's Union asked you to be a monk, would you be a monk??? That's funny.

Careful with what you read or hear. There's more information somewhere in the site about the new requirements to be a Shaolin monk. I wrote about one of these years past, maybe somewhere in the Journals section.

And I haven't seen the documentary. Shaolin documentaries and I don't get along too well these days.... LOL.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Ok, thanks Doc, I'll check it out (not that I waant to be a monk, I'm just curious )

Comment

iron neck isnt easy to train

dawood
            simple and natural is my method,
            true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

I'm not sure I even want to get into the medical aspects of this... lol.

russbo.com

Comment

me either lol i was just commenting on the original post.

dave

Comment

ok, Iron Neck isn't as easy as I thought......
                  darn, putting all of your body weight on your neck sure makes it feel funny
                  (and I only put all of my weight on it for about 1 minute.... (my head hurt) )

Comment

Remember, the neck wasn't designed, by whomever designed it, to support the weight of the body.

It has enough trouble supporting the weight of the head, trouble free, for a lifetime.

russbo.com

Comment

I see, well...I won't do it again.... it doesn't get me anywhere, so I don't really feel the need to

Comment

putting all of your body weight on your neck sure makes it feel funny
                        ummm... it can be very dangerous just to do something like that without training up to it... doc is right

Even in the qigong i do the neck is made stronger over a period of time and also the top of the head is made harder too, which takes a long time.

dave

Comment

Working...
                        X