Chin Na: Dr Yang Jwing Ming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chin Na: Dr Yang Jwing Ming

Ever hear of Dr. Yang Jwing Ming ? How good would you say his chin na was?

He has written some extraordinary books on the subject. I also hear that he is a very good teacher, I think, presently, in the Boston area. If you get the opportunity to train with him, you most definitely should. I also suggest that you read some of his books. I've found them to be very educational.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

I was wondering how much some people may have heard of him. He is the person who taught my Sifu Chin Na.

Comment

I've read several of his books, and trained with him on one occasion. We didn't cover qin na, the clinic was teaching fixed stepped taiji pushhands and basic taiji sword, both dao and jian. It was an incredibly educational experience. He's a great guy and a hell of a teacher. And his books are the best I've ever read on the subject of qigong. He started with a school in boston and now its been branching out. The main school in boston is still the one he teaches at, but they now have branch schools scattered across new england, and even one in italy.

His daughter is thinking about enrolling in my school next year. I hear she's cute.
        Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Push hands is awesome. Though i always lose when we do it.

Ive never read any of his books ive only ever seen like one of his books, in a book store.

Comment

You can buy any of his books through YMAA.com , as for qin na books, he's written Analysis of Shaolin Qin Na: an Instructors Manual, and the much thicker Applications of Shaolin Qin Na. I think he may also have a volume on yang style taijiquan qin na.
            Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

His chin na books are highly recomended
              practice wu de

Comment

His history is usually at the front of his books. he started teaching cma in the states while at perdu getting his masters. after graduating he moved to houston to work, where he started his first formal school. several years later he moved to boston for work, leaving his school to one of his first instructors, jeff bolt, which is still operating today. Dr Yang came down this weakend to houston an gave 3 hour seminars on chin na, white crane qigong, taiji staff and applications of taiji. I have also been to his 3 day seminars in boston, well worth the money if you can get there. I think he has close to 50 branch schools world wide. ck the web sith YMAA
                life is a cumquat (Maxwell Smart)

Comment

Hopefully my sifu will teach more chin na. I mean if I learned from the greatest id want to share it.

Comment

Working...
                  X