No announcement yet.

Wendy's ... Finger Licking Good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting from a legal view point without a de-fingered hand. I once knew of someone who was charged with murder . She did do the crime, but because they couldn't find a body, the charges didn't stick. You can't be charged for the same crime twice either ( unless there's new evidence) so the crown had to let her go until they had enough evidence to re-open the case.

It could just be a morge robbery, but really, it could've come from anywhere.

Interesting stuff ha. Thank god I'm not a forensic police officer either. If you do wake up with a finger missing though, I can probably think of a real good place to start looking for it.

cheers

BL

Comment

I once knew of someone who was charged with murder .
      Why does this not surprise me!?
      practice wu de

Comment

DNA of the finger....

The next sentence is even better.

Originally posted by blooming tianshi lotus
        She did do the crime, but because they couldn't find a body, the charges didn't stick.

More on this story:

Las Vegas Woman Has History of Filing Lawsuits
        Apr 9, 2005, 12:00 PM

Earlier this week, police raided the local home of a woman who reported finding a finger in her chili at a Wendy's restaurant in California. Officers were looking for evidence that she actually knows where the finger came from. Now there is new information about the woman's extensive history of lawsuits.
        Anna Ayala has long denied any involvement in the chili incident. She bit down on the finger last month while eating at a Wendy s restaurant in San Jose. Ayala filed a claim with the company, and it turns out she has filed many more over the past several years.
        San Jose police detectives have yet to find a Wendy's employee or any worker at its food processing plants that lost a finger. Sgt. Muyo said, "Our goal, from a criminal standpoint, is to try to find out what person owns this finger."
        The investigation led officers to the home of Ayala herself searching her house Wednesday evening. Ayala denies a rumor that she planted the finger of a dead relative. Instead, she places the blame on Wendy's by filing a claim with the company.
        The Associated Press reports Ayala has a history of filing lawsuits with more than a half dozen legal battles stretching over a decade, including a 1998 case against her ex-boss. She sought $500,000 for sexual harassment.
        In 2000, she sued an auto dealership alleging a wheel fell off her car. That suit was dismissed after Ayala fired her lawyer. Moreover, as recently as last year, the family settled with the fast-food chain El Pollo Loco.
        Ayala's 13-year-old daughter got food poisoning. Junior Reyes, Ayala's 18-year-old son said, "My little sister started getting sicker and sicker. Her skin started turned yellow. We took her to the hospital and they wouldn't let her out for out for two weeks because she had salmonella poisoning."
        Junior Reyes says his mother is not money hungry. His family simply has bad luck.
        Eyewitness News said to Reyes, "A lot of people go through life with no lawsuits. Your mom and your family have been involved with several lawsuits in just the last several years."
        Reyes replied, "Yeah, most of them have been car crashes and stuff like that."
        When asked if he thought it was weird that the family has been involved in so many more lawsuits than the average family, Reyes said, "Yeah, cause we have a little bad luck every here and then."
        Wendy's is offering a $50,000 reward for information in this case hoping someone knows what happened.

(Apr. 8) -- Anna Ayala was adamant that authorities are looking at the wrong person for placing that finger in her chili. Eyewitness News spoke with a DNA expert Friday to learn if the finger could be one of Ayala's dead family members.
        Anna Ayala says, "No. I did not. No. I did not. That is the stupidest thing that they can say. Now I'm angry."
        Ayala is upset that there have been claims that the finger she found in her Wendy's chili comes from a dead aunt. San Jose police along with Metro's fraud unit detectives raided Ayala's Las Vegas home on Wednesday looking for clues that would link her to the finger before it was found in her chili.
        Ken Bono, a family friend, says, "Myself, I think they were looking for some sort of evidence that showed that maybe they brought that with them to San Jose or whatever. I'm pretty sure that's what they were looking for."
        Bona says that the family did give blood samples to authorities after the incident and San Jose police have the finger in their possession.
        Dr. Walter Goldstein, with the UNLV Biotechnology Center says, "A similar pattern might be an aunt, three generations removed. Maybe has two over here."
        Dr. Goldstein says that it would be easy to tell from DNA technology if the finger comes from a relative of Ayala's. "You could say the probably is an aunt and you would have some odds with that. You would say the probability is that it's an aunt. That's the way people would express it."
        The Clark County Coroner's office says that they have not been asked by the San Jose Police Department to exhume a body here related to this case. Nor have they had any involvement in this case at all.
        The Ayala family says that they were physically injured by the officers who served the search warrant.
        San Jose police say they acted professionally. Metro police say they have not received any formal complaints from the Ayala family about police abuse.
        I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
        "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
        "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
        "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Sounds expensive . Budget vs purpose ha????

lol ......... some ppl just get away with murder I guess. Can they suspend the case until they find a hand maybe???
          Let us know how they handle that.

cheers

Comment

Let us know how you handle the axe murders........
            practice wu de

Comment

This finger lady is just brilliant.. Did she not think that Wendy's would investigate?

I may be a dork.... but this ladies a dope...

g
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

This story is not over yet.

Finger in Chili Is Called Hoax; Las Vegas Woman Is Charged
                By MATT RICHTEL and ALEXEI BARRIONUEVO

SAN JOSE, Calif., April 22 - A woman who said she found a finger in her beef chili at a Wendy's restaurant has been charged with attempted larceny in what the police are calling a hoax against the fast-food chain.

But the San Jose Police Department stopped short of accusing the woman, Anna Ayala, 39, of planting the finger she said she found in her food last month, an incident that set off a consumer backlash against Wendy's in Northern California.

The police, in a news conference here on Friday, also declined to say where the finger came from. They said that the investigation was continuing but that it had clearly found that neither Wendy's nor its suppliers were responsible for the presence of the two pieces of finger that Ms. Ayala said she found.

Ms. Ayala was arrested late Thursday in Las Vegas, where she lives. The San Jose police said she was being held on $500,000 bail and that they hoped to extradite her to California, though they did not give a timetable for the extradition.

"The true victims are Wendy's owners and operators," said Rob Davis, the San Jose chief of police. He added of Ms. Ayala's account, "As a result of forensic evidence, we believe that what she said is not true."

Ms. Ayala could not be reached for comment. Karyn Sinunu, the assistant district attorney for Santa Clara County, which filed the charges, said that as far as she knew, Ms. Ayala did not have a lawyer as of Friday afternoon.

If she is convicted, Ms. Ayala faces six years and two months in prison and could owe up to $2.5 million to Wendy's, Ms. Sinunu said. That potential prison sentence includes a second larceny charge in an unrelated case in which Ms. Ayala is accused of bilking $11,000 for a sale of a mobile home she did not own. It was owned by her live-in boyfriend.

Ms. Ayala has been involved in other legal disputes as well. According to a police affidavit filed in the case, Ms. Ayala has filed at least 13 civil actions in California and Nevada involving her or her children, at times settling cases for a cash payout before going to trial.

The Associated Press reported that Ms. Ayala said she had received a settlement last year from an El Pollo Loco restaurant in Las Vegas after contending that her daughter became ill there. An El Pollo Loco spokeswoman said no payment had been made. The A.P. also reported that Ms. Ayala brought a sexual harassment suit against a former boss in 1998 and, asserting the wheel fell off her car, sued a car dealership in 2000.

In the Wendy's case, Chief Davis declined to elaborate on the results of forensics testing so far. But some new details from the investigation emerged on Friday, which shed light on the critical question of whether the finger had been cooked in the chili. According to the criminal affidavit filed against Ms. Ayala, an initial test by the Santa Clara County coroner's office concluded the finger "was not consistent with an object that had been cooked in chili at 170 degrees for three hours," as is the Wendy's policy. The finger was later sent to an outside forensic pathologist whose tests disproved some of the statements made by Ms. Ayala, the affidavit said.

Police officers also were never able to verify contentions by Ms. Ayala and two relatives that she vomited after spitting out the detached finger. The officers found no vomit at the scene, the affidavit said.

The disclosures by the police - while not clarifying the mystery of the origin of the finger - bring some resolution to a monthlong crisis for Wendy's. After Ms. Ayala said she found the finger, she threatened to sue the company. She later withdrew that threat.

Her claims, and the mass of news media attention it brought, caused individual franchises in Northern California to lose 20 percent to 50 percent of their sales, the company said. According to the affidavit, Wendy's estimated it has been losing $1 million a day since the incident was made public on March 22.

Denny Lynch, a senior vice president at Wendy's, said the chain had been vindicated. The company has been scrambling to quell the fallout, cooperating with the police but also doing its own investigation to try to clear its employees and suppliers. "Someone put something in a bowl of chili, but it was not us," Mr. Lynch said. "We don't know what happened. But we know Wendy's is innocent."
                I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
                "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
                "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Just......brilliant...\\\\

She is not very smart, I mean. What a waste of another human life...
                  ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Wendy's Hopes Arrest Woos Back Customers

Wendy's Hopes Arrest Woos Back Customers
                    Wendy's Hopes Customers Will Return Now That Woman's Claim of Finger in Chili Is Likely a Hoax
                    By KIM CURTIS
                    The Associated Press
                    Apr. 23, 2005 - Wendy's restaurants are hoping business will bounce back now that a woman who claimed she found a finger in her bowl of chili has been arrested and investigators say the whole case was likely a hoax.

Anna Ayala is accused of attempted grand larceny, a charge authorities said relates to the financial losses Wendy's has suffered since Ayala claimed she bit down a 1 1/2-inch finger tip in a mouthful of her chili on March 22.

The loss to Wendy's restaurants in the Bay area is $2.5 million, according to the felony complaint against her.

"Indeed, what we have found is that thus far our evidence suggests the truest victims in this case are indeed the Wendy's owner, operators and employees here in San Jose," San Jose Police Chief Rob Davis said Friday.

Sales dropped at Wendy's in Northern California because of the furor, forcing layoffs and reduced hours.

"It's been 31 days, and believe me it's been really tough," said Joseph Desmond, owner of the local Wendy's franchise. "My thanks also go out to all the little people who were hurt in our stores. They lost a lot of wages because we had to cut back because our business has been down so badly."

The company plans to launch a marketing campaign and decided to offer free Frosties this weekend at its Bay area restaurants, Wendy's spokesman Denny Lynch said.

"If you look at the facts, the police have conducted an investigation and filed charges and made an arrest. We believe that is a clear sign we have been vindicated," he said.

Ayala's claim that she found the well-manicured finger during her meal at a San Jose Wendy's initially drew sympathy. She hired a lawyer and filed a claim against the franchise owner, but dropped the lawsuit threat soon after suspicion fell on her.

Ayala, who has a history of bringing claims against big corporations, was arrested at her suburban Las Vegas home Thursday. A court appearance is scheduled for Tuesday; in the meantime, she is being held without bail.

San Jose Police Capt. David Keneller said police consider Ayala's claim a hoax. Police refused to say where the finger originated and exactly how the hoax was carried out.

But according to a person knowledgeable about the case who spoke on condition of anonymity, the charge stemmed from San Jose police interviews with people who said Ayala described putting a finger in the chili.

Many loyal patrons continue to support the Wendy's where Ayala made her claim.

On Friday, Tom McCready headed into the franchise and ordered two bowls of chili to go plus a baked potato topped with chili.

"If they've got 10 fingers, it's OK with me," the San Jose retiree said about the Wendy's employees at the counter.

He said he and his wife have supported the restaurant since Ayala's claim, heading there more often and ordering the chili. His opinion of Ayala's claim: "It's a crock."

Comment

lol, she'll be working for Wendy's in no time...
                      practice wu de

Comment

She'll be doing laundry for MJ in no time....
                        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                        russbo.com

Comment

There's no time like the present to get a big bowl of chilli with a potato on the side
                          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Now for an actual substantiated event:

A guy found a small slice of human skin in his Arby's chicken sandwich. Seems the manager cut a slice off of his thumb while chopping lettuce, cleaned up and sanitized the area but didn't throw away the lettuce he'd been chopping or apparently look for his missing skin.

The 'victim' is suing the franchise owner, not the Arby's corporation.

here's a link to the article:
                            http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/11484061.htm
                            Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

Well thank goodness for real **** ups!
                              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Is it me, or does this taste a bit fleshy....
                                practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                                X