No announcement yet.

New Chinese Cardinal: Beijing Must Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What you all say is very true. But, I don't think that the people who run China, or the Chinese, really care.

They will be the next superpower, within the next five years. The US will continue to self obliterate into a second rate country.

Regardless of what others may think, about their educational system, their business practices, their land aspirations, etc, it really doesn't matter. China's military will soon be the largest and the most technologically advanced in the world, a scary thought when you really think about it. And people are pissed off that our "idiot" Bush is helping India with nuclear weapons (people tend to forget that India is a serious counterweight to Chinese power in the region). And, because of China's shitty educational system, and it's overwhelming population of peasants who will work for two dollars a day, it is poised to become an economic powerhouse, more so than it currently is.

The days of US supremacy are over; our immigration issues have already seen to that. The Europeans (French, Germans, Swedes, Spain, etc) have already lost it, due to large immigrant influxes (mostly Islamic) which threaten to destroy their national identities. Russia will not be what it once was, and China is ready to step up and fill the void.

Why should they care about everyone else complaining about their "human rights" records? Or anything else about their behavior? It just doesn't matter. A new 800 pound gorilla is moving into the neighborhood, and he doesn't give a shit what everyone else thinks.

And with that bit of jaded cynical discourse, I'm going to go train.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Actually Doc, both the USA aand Aus 've juust trade-ousted india like a day or 2 ago. no nuc capicitating trade receipts for themm.......

Anyway Zachsan... how the hEeelll do u wanna stand up n claim u know what's good???!!??. ... u got a dissertation with a solid ending to that theory by any chance ????....

( ps... pls don't make me call u an idiot......)

BtL

Comment

Okay.

When you do an internet search, and sites containing the word "freedom" are blocked out from the results, that's a bad thing. If you can't understand why that's a bad thing, I'm not going to sit here and try to explain it to you.

End dissertation.

Comment

You're not huh? .. Okay but I think firstly you're neglecting the exposure they doo get to what freer countries are offering and secondly , what u wanna have em start a bloody riot over it?? You're just missing the entire point. Don't you think it's a lesser evil to just feed the ppl and haave things sticter at the expense of some other freedoms an just let these ppl have someone implent something on their behalf??
          Don't forget history here. When Mao was in power before the initial kick of the CR it was the ppl who went to 'him'and asked for this!! They were dying and now not only have they been kept alive as trade agreements and the urgencies drop off, they aare getting opportunities to leave and 2 look at media and what else is available 4 them elsewhere. It's just not practical there and unfortunately Zachsan, there's not always going to be room for ott emotion and histerical demands on it. U deal with it and u get through until something else is accessable. If that's the best they can do with those numbers, then why is that not good??
          Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 03-13-2006, 11:16 PM.

Comment

When Mao was in power before the initial kick of the CR it was the ppl who went to 'him'and asked for this!!
            Having read two very extensive and very well researched biographies of Mao, I think that the last word that might possibly be associated with him, would be "savior".

Granted, modern Chinese history whitewashes his horrible behavior, and the fact that he was responsible for more deaths in his country than Stalin was in Russia, and, far, far more than Hitler was in WWII, is hardly made notice of in China. His despotism, bizarre sexual appetite, horrible public pogroms, and general misdirection of the country is not thought of much; instead, the fact that the communists trounced the nationalists and brought the country back together in 48 or 49, is one of his few saving graces.

Even before the Cultural Revolution, he did many things that were adverse to his "followers", that were not in their benefit. These people generally didn't "ask for it".
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

Just reeading your post remembering my own trips there ?I wanna chuk!!... However Rich, I still say they did... Fat sexually depraved Govt guy really had 1.3 ( - whateverthehell the figure is) billion ppl chew him out about what he was going to do. I love Shaolin... i cried for mths when I read what Mao put them through ... haated im... but recently after going back and back n back again, I got a different window.
              They know they have some freedoms deprived. they 'knoowww'they are deprived of some freedoms. they know there are other places they can go to have them.they appreciate why they exist there. they deal with it n know .and they love ús'being there to ( should they wanna shot elsewhere ) help them out 2 get by....... I respect your opinions Doc, but I I just don't think u nuetral nough......

Ps ... I think Sadam did good work twd progress tooo............. ..... pps : god take my other ft before I jam it down my throat......... I'm sorry .. he freaking did okay!... :/..)

B

Comment

Bl, what do you mean when you say " they know there are other places they can go to have them.they appreciate why they exist there. they deal with it n know .and they love ús'being there to ( should they wanna shot elsewhere ) help them out 2 get by......." The first part I understand and can not but agree with, but I'm not sure that the Chinese, if that's who you're speaking of generally, can go elsewhere...... without a nice, looooong swim, or riches in the bank. And it's odd to me that we're discussing the country with the biggest pop on earth, but they don't let their citizens travel freely, for fear of them leaving...lol!!!!
                ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Firstly I mean that the approach of the govt there is benificent because way back when the international western influence first hit , they made that decision to enter into trades with the west and so by doing thaat, they opened the door for the chinese ppl to leave and have the opportunity abroad. And thaat's why we get paid so much when we go there . It's crucial to those ppl to have skills and cultural information and language and whatever to leave with.
                  It's a reeally big population and integration into greener pastures was neevver going to happen overnight. It's a slooww process but its happening...

and particularly after all the seminars I've conducted there around the country recently I c why Mao is still held in esteem by them. Even in the most rural outta the way places .. they have power and phone lines and communications are being made available and thaat is how that starts....from education to information to business and employment prospects and foreign networking and so on. Mao and the PRC gave the okay for all that to begin. Life has improved and they're happy to finally start seeing ways out.
                  ..and trade opportunities are still increasing. I don't know that everything that's had to happen has been ideal but it is a start .

Comment

Working...
                  X