Clear All

• dave
    replied
    no problem

dave

Leave a comment:

• shaolinstylee
    replied
    Oh, Dave, won't argue there, I think it is slightly propoganda-ish. Unfortunately, we have to deal with media that has it's own agenda too.

Leave a comment:

• pazman
    replied
    here's a link for you guys, pretty interesting, and makes bush sr. look like an saint....okay, not really, just read...

funny this is on a chinese dictionary website, uggghhh....

-paz

Leave a comment:

• dave
    replied
    bit hard to tell on this pic

just showing another viewpoint

The up close action video of the statue being destroyed is broadcast around the world as proof of a massive uprising. Still photos grabbed off of Reuters show a long-shot view of Fardus Square... it's empty save for the U.S. Marines, the International Press, and a small handful of Iraqis.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dave
    replied
    yeah but like... dont you think thats slightly unethical and propaganda? Also i will see if i can fidnt he link but it shows that square was not exactly full of people too. it may have something to do with there being 3 US tanks around the outside of it

kinda funny,
    dave

Leave a comment:

• shaolinstylee
    replied
    Editor:
    Here, make this fill up the front page.

Photo guy:
    UM, OK......

IN other room
    damn, this thing is small, going to have to blow it up, oh, that looks like crap. Maybe if I put this here, that there, etc. there we go...now it will fit the front page...

That is another completely likely senario, along with a million others.

there were a lot of people there, none the less. I think they are blowing this out of proportion somewhat.

Leave a comment:

• dave
    replied
    something that really shocked me as a graphic designer: here

dave

Leave a comment:

• shaolinstylee
    replied
    somewhat of a rant...

Working for the government I get an interesting perspective of things. I push a lot of paper for some simple things, and watch as it doesn't go through, even though we have a 100 million dollar budget for a project, doesn't mean that they'll let us get some $10,000 software that would save us $6,000 on this project alone. Eventualy (conservative figures show) $18,000. Dealing with this type of stuff can be frustrating, as looking at it idealy, however, sometimes we must look at things a bit more realisticly for the time, as budgets get cut etc. Hollywood types have luxeries that allow them to think they can follow an issue closely, and get all the "facts." I've worked for, and dealt with many, many environmental groups (and the like)....too many times there facts are not facts at all, but fragments that push there agenda, where as I am sure there are things from the other spectrum that would fall into the same category (ala the leftist view of the war). It just sucks that a lot of these people think that they are right, when neither is telling the whole truth. Some of the truth is best kept hidden, for it is not needed by the general public. In the same right, the powers that be need to explain (however redundant it may seem) that there are reasons that this information can not be public if it is deemed so. Same goes for any public interest group, evironmental group, etc. They need to be more forward with there information. Too many people buy into things hook line and sinker when presented with a side of the story, especialy when it hits there "heart." Even just presenting them with the other side of the coin can be a daunting task, which is why some of these people seem so extreme in there political views. I don't agree with all that the current establishment is doing, but I think it could be a lot worse. I've had both an inside and outside look at both sides, and have decided only one thing..... choose your own agendas, and support them, no matter the party or affiliation.

sorry rant over

Leave a comment:

• dave
    replied
    thats an interesting article doc. I for one odnt think ANYONE in the government does not have a good iq. But theres also other sides to the story as well that werent reported on CNN and other things, which makes everything a bit more murky. some of it is real sad

the world is all buggered up

dave

Leave a comment:

• shaolinstylee
    replied
    Politics is politics..... hollywood is politics, just to a different extreme...
    Too many people on way too far ends of the spectrum clash, this is what you get. Super liberals versus the conservative crowd... makes for interesting conversation....

Doc, how many of your "friends" do you think voted for Bush?

Leave a comment:

• sunbird
    replied
    Bla bla bla. Doesnt the fact that the majority of them believe in God say enough..

Leave a comment:

• doc
    replied
    I just loved this....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Maestro
    replied
    life is sad sometimes..

life is sad sometimes..its sad that people without health insurance get screwed..royalely screwed..

its sad hardworking immigrants work for pennies, espcially when most put it 10x more work then the average working man(espcially construction workers)

its unfortunate that 50k + colleges offer the 'best' education at such high prices and usually only for name recognition

lots of stuff sucks but im not gonna knock some celeb for making money, its not like its all that easy to get into show biz..but its not like its all that hard in comparison to other things, but the point is....

bush is a member of a secret society called the skulls and he bought his way through life..ahhhhhhh

ok im done

Leave a comment:

• doc
    replied
    I think that the point of this little commentary, is not so much that our beloved Hollywood heros and heroines are not as smart as George Bush (my own impression, is that he's had a gifted life, definitely more a success because of his membership in the lucky sperm club, and less because of his own abilities, which, quite ironically, tends to put him more in the Hollywood group than the intelligentsia group). The sad commentary that this little dialogue makes, is that we as a society tend to place more value on things that provide entertainment for us, than on things that are necessary and important, like, education, reseach, and teaching, all things which make our society progress and grow stronger.

It's sad, when some high school dropout movie star, with a seventh grade vocabulary, can make much more money in one easily done movie, than ten PhD's can make in a lifetime.

Leave a comment:

• Lipster
    replied
    What baffles me is that all that is just common sense and it just goes over so many people's heads.

All these activists are just blind to some of the plain facts.

I've also wondered why anyone would so eagerly want all the stress and responsibility of being president.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X