China kung fu monks seek apology for ninja affront

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China kung fu monks seek apology for ninja affront

BEIJING (Reuters) - China's Shaolin Temple, the cradle of Chinese kung fu, is demanding an apology from an Internet user who said its monks had once been beaten in unarmed combat by a Japanese ninja, Chinese media reported on Friday.

Shaolin Temple, in the northern province of Henan, became famous in the West as the training ground for Kwai Chang "Grasshopper" Caine in the 1970s "Kung Fu" TV series.

Ninjas -- professional assassins trained in martial arts -- date back to mediaeval Japan.

"The so-called defeat is purely fabricated, and we demand the Internet user to apologise to the whole nation for the wrongs he or she did," the Beijing News said, citing a notice announced by a lawyer for the Shaolin monks.

Relations between Chinese and Japanese are sensitive at the best of times, with emotions still running high over Japan's invasion and occupation of parts of China in the first half of the 20th Century.

The Internet user, calling themselves "Five Minutes Every Day", said on an online forum last week that a Japanese ninja came to Shaolin, asked for a fight and many monks failed to beat him, the newspaper said.

"The facts that the monks could not defeat a Japanese ninja showed that they were named as kung fu masters in vain," the Internet user was quoted as saying in the post.

The Shaolin temple "strongly condemned the horrible deeds" of the user, the newspaper said.

"It is not only extremely irresponsible behaviour with respect to the Shaolin temple and its monks, but also to the whole martial art and Chinese nation," it quoted the monks as saying.
    demand apologies? wonder who'll be next!? lol... i can see it now....

ZhongwenMovies.com

lol how petty can you get ?
    what's next law suites agains movie companys
    because thay showed a "shaolin Monk" loseing a fight ?

mad4dos

Comment

Imagine what they'd find here....

Oh, wait, they do. LOL
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Don't give them any ideas.

Comment

what a bunch of desperate losers...
          The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

desperate losers
            just as i thought, that's two. will the lies never end? i think an apology is in order, don't you, mmhhhmmmm?
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

desperate losers
              just as i thought, that's two. will the lies never end? i think an apology is in order, don't you? mmhhhmmmm? lol....
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I'm not exactly sure whats wrong with shaolin monks anymore... I've given up trying to figure out exactly what kind of crazy they are...
                The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

IC, it's easy.

They're not monks.

They're uneducated peasant kids that train in the martial arts, and find themselves elevated to demigod status that the weak members of the rest of the world need to adulate.
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

maybe i shouldve put monks in quotations lol... but yeah that type of crazy is pretty freaking crazy doc.

Comment

I think it represents a certain type of insecurity on the temple's part.

They may realize that they've finally made a debauchery of it all.

russbo.com

Comment

Have there ever been any attempts like this towards the Russbo forum? I mean, similar "insaults" must have been made here?

Comment

no, here? by who do you mean?
                          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I don't think we've made insults.

We've expressed opinions.

Then again, that's what this guy did on the other forum. Which makes the whole thing nonsensical.

russbo.com

Comment

yea thats what I mean. Man its just crazy to know they actually have people to check forums on these things.

Comment

Working...
                              X