being shot at in your underwear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• being shot at in your underwear

I had an amazing experience this weekend, so I thought I'd share it with y'all.

I was running some errands and on my way home I saw an old man walking up quite a steep hill with two armloads of groceries. It was hot, and it was quite a hill, so I pulled over and offered him a ride home. He made a joke about how often pretty girls offer him rides - he said "I can hardly get a morning walk in without some pretty blonde offering me a ride home! Drives me crazy!" He had this THICK southern accent. We both laughed. He was in his 80s at least, maybe once he was a big man but now his back is bent and his arms are very thin. I smiled and went over and took his groceries and he got in the car.

I have my Gongfu school's logo on the back window of my car, and as we were driving to his house he asked me about that. I told him a little about my training and about the school and he said he'd trained some martial arts in his day.

His house was small and kind of run-down in a country way. I collected his groceries and carried them up to his porch and set them down. He offered me some iced tea and said his daughter was coming by later to visit, asked if I might like to play him a game of chess. I accepted the tea and the challenge and we sat on his porch and talked for a couple hours.

His name is Mr. Keenan. Turns out he was an army ranger in the Korean war. Those guys were the toughest of the tough. He showed me his medals, He had photographs and other souveniers. He told me a story that earned him a medal of honor, the purple heart, which he let me hold as he told me this story.
    He and his buddy were pinned down between a machine gun and single fire weapons from 3 or 4 other angles. The tactical requirement for this mission required pairs to weave through this dense shack filled neighborhood and look for civilians and get them to safety as the central part of this village was occupied and they were in danger. His friend had been shot in the leg (Mr. K said "leg shot off") and in the upper arm, and Mr. Keenan had removed his pants and then his shirt to tie off above the wounds. They stayed like that for a long time until support showed up and got them out of there. His friend, unable to move, and him, in his underwear, being shot at relentlessly.

The story went on and ended up with him receiving the medal. His friend lost that leg, and they stayed in touch after the war until he died in 2002. I asked a lot of questions. Mr. Keenan's daughter showed up and I was introduced to her and then I thanked Mr. K for the tea and for an amazing afternoon. I said to his daughter "you must be so proud of your father, he's really a great man."

And Mr. K interrupted me and said, "Hell no, That's what life is, it's all just getting shot at in your underwear. Just because they handed me a medal for it doesn't make me any better than the next guy."
    Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

so is she hot or wat?

Comment

Amen Mr K, you tell it like it is.
      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

you damn southerners and your talking-to-strangers.

Comment

Plum, had you been in New York, he would have shot you in your underwear.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

Had I been in New York, I would have run him over and stolen his groceries.

Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

Good story, thanks for sharing... I think that was the begining of a Horror Movie...
              practice wu de

Comment

Sounds like a nice experience. However, we should note for the record that Mr K's friend probably hadn't practiced baji before. Obviously.
                ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Hahahhaha, obviously not a baji guy *rolls eyes, winks, etc*

What a cute story, PM. I say cute because, when do you as a guy ever get to use the word? You don't. That's why I try to use it whenever possible.

When I say "you as a guy" I of course mean "the individual who is reading this who also happens to have testicles."
                  Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

"the individual who is reading this who also happens to have testicles."

Lei, we can say clarity is good in MOST cases. This, my friend, may or may not be one now. Nevertheless, it is kind of cute.
                    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

ive been shot at in my underwear wheres my medal?
                      "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Working...
                      X