Solo Choy Lay Fut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo Choy Lay Fut?

It appears that due to circumstances beyond my control that I will have to continue to train in Choy Lay Fut alone. Are there basic forms and drills(stances,etc.) that I may practice? Are there books or any other media materials that you can recommend? I am a rank amateur so any help is appreciated. We did do 2 punching forms and some stepping/twisting drills along with bamboo tossing drills for forearm conditioning and wrist rolls with a rod,rope and a weight attached to improve grip. I'm sorry, I cannot remember the names of the techniques. The style is Choy Lay Fut as taught by Lee Koon Hung. I simply cannot meet with my instructor enough due to our work schedules. All suggestions are appreciated. I just remembered that I do have material written in a notebook he asked me to bring. I don't have it with me but I could check it against the suggestions I receive tonite. Thanks.
    Peace, favor your sword. "In these modern times many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use." Achille Marozzo, 1536 Donald Corey Pillow

Familiarity breeds Contempt

Citizens should not fear their governments; governments should fear their citizens.

There ain't a wrong way to do right or a right way to do wrong! Joe Frazier

Ignorance is Bliss

Um, keep doing the drills and forms you know... seek other outlets.
    practice wu de

Comment

Found my notebook!

I found my notes which are categorized under 3 headings, Stance training, Hand techniques and Kicking techniques. Under stance training there is;(please forgive spelling) Seeping-ma,eechi-ma,dil-ma,law-ma,bi-ma and cow-ma. Also crane stance. Under hand techniques there is;gwa-choy,chung-choy and chop-choy. Under kicking techniques it is a little easier because the terms are all english; front kick,heel kick,round kick and side kick. These are all the techniques we practiced. If anyone can explain in english, the other terms besides kicking I'd appreciate it. If you can tell from my spelling that is, I only heard the terms so I'm not too sure of the spelling. They are basic terms I'm sure, probably common to many styles of Gung Fu. Thanks
      Peace, favor your sword. "In these modern times many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use." Achille Marozzo, 1536 Donald Corey Pillow

Citizens should not fear their governments; governments should fear their citizens.

Ignorance is Bliss

Comment

I don't really know any of them in cantonese (or whatever that was phonetically).
        practice wu de

Comment

I'm a young student of clf also but heres some basic info.
          keep up training basic forms: ng lun ma and ng lun choy and basic hand compinations.. as well as punching bag etc..
          these are basic stances:
          Seping ma : horse stance
          Tun ma or tan ma: seping ma weight on back leg
          Tol ma: reverse Tun ma
          Ji'in ma: 'gripping stance'
          Deng ji ma: 'bow stance'
          Loq Gwei Ma:low stance
          Gwei Ma:'twist stance'
          Diu ma:'cat stance'

also the punches are: cheung chui (straight), sow chui(hook), tsop chui(low stairght punch), pek chui('axe' punch)

you should also check out this site for more information www.clfma.com
          theres lots of articles of Choy lee fut and also check the clf master class were Jeung mun Chan Young Fa demonstrates basic thechnics and training methodes of clf..

Keep up training!

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks alot, now that's what I was looking for! I really appreciate your help.

Ignorance is Bliss

Comment

Working...
            X