Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeiYunFat
    replied
    When I'm working out at home (I don't have any portable music player for the gym or whatever) and have the luxury of music, I play a lot of hip hop and classical. It isn't uncommon to workout to opera.

Leave a comment:

• jt1
    replied
    When I train outside, which I do as much as possible, I do not listen to any music. When training inside and grappling, the Vegas CD by Crystal Method. Although, there are many I days I don't listen to anything. When boxing, I listen to some cuban music a friend gave me.
    I train

Leave a comment:

• master splinter
    replied
    Eye of the tiger... if i ever became a prize fighter, i would haff to have eye of the tiger as my entrance song.lol

Leave a comment:

• LeiYunFat
    replied
    Socially critical moments, eh? Well, that can be anything. I'll send you a mixtape...can you get me my own soundtrack?

Leave a comment:

• zachsan
    replied
    If you had a personal theme song that would play ambiently around you at socially critical moments, what would it be?
    Easy, "Gimme Shelter" by the Stones. That song never gets old.

Leave a comment:

• baifeng
    replied
    Music while practicing serious Martial Arts is a bad idea imho.
    If you just do sports or aerobic you might be fine but serious martial arts require 100-200% of your attention. Keep the ambient as natural and peaceful as possible.

Leave a comment:

• mortal
    replied
    I think enya sucks ass. Are you guys serious? I didn't know men listened to enya.

Leave a comment:

• master splinter
    replied
    i guess enya is alright , although if i am caught listnening to enya, my friends will tease me forever.

Leave a comment:

• wongfei/bruceleroy
    replied
    wong fei hung's theme song
    traditional chinese music would be good for me,it isn't really distracting
    compared to some slow jams or rap

Leave a comment:

• Inevitable
    replied
    i dunno, kinda like to have some music playing in the background depends on what though

for freestyle yeah i'll definately have something fast playing in the back
    mind you for form training kinda train without music

Leave a comment:

• master splinter
    replied
    enya??? lol.

Leave a comment:

• daodejing
    replied
    Depends on the pace. Lately, Buju Banton, occasional bouts of Punk Rock (operation ivy gets the blood moving), something more like Enya for soft qigong.

But all in all, fast paced, heavily rhythmic regae seems to go well with weapons training.

Leave a comment:

• shaolinstylee
    replied
    Taiji: the Hero soundtrack
    Gung fu: nothing, hip hop, or harder than most rock, depending on what I'm doing.

Leave a comment:

• LeiYunFat
    replied
    Yep, I'm another one who likes no music.

Leave a comment:

• master splinter
    replied
    me too, no music just nature, wind in the trees, and automobiles passing by.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X