tai do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tai do

some interesting clips, karate like, but seems to incorporate flow, hence the usage of the word "tai" as in tai chi

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/...=304.0kB&dur=5
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Hahaha! I like how slow that foot drag was. Looks like he was too busy flowing that he couldn't even hit that tech fast enough.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

you must have missed the chi blast clip, it has the word duki in it
      "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

I missed the chi dookie, but I must say, I hope that I get to run into that foot dragging technique one day so I can stomp my foot on someone's balls, lol.
        Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Some of the clips I guess are titled as the name of the techniques....one is hentai ebi geri (perverted shrimp shit)...hentai means pervert or more commonly known as those crazy sex cartoons

what is this BS!
          "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

i knew someone was bound to catch that

Comment

after further googling i have found that Taido is the martial art of the 21st century! I guess it is an amalgamation of many japanese styles brought to gether for modern society to use. Not for sport like many Karate Styles have become.....uh wasn't aikido created for this same purpose? I do like some of the techiniques but this Tai do still needs further investigation before I feel it is worthwhile...for...me to study even further.

Comment

the art doesnt look that bad really, i looks like it is a mixture between tai chi and ninjustsu, to be vague and stereotypical.

Comment

I must be missing something because I dont see any Tai chi (tai Ji...whatever)....

Comment

tai most likely comes from the chinese word, which i think means heaven, or something along those lines, do, means the art of.

just because you dont see push hands, or ward off, doesnt mean that they dont use internal principles. but thats just my view.

i just looks internal to me.
                    Last edited by master splinter; 02-16-2006, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by master splinter
                      tai most likely comes from the chinese word, which i think means heaven, or something along those lines, do, means the art of.

just because you dont see push hands, or ward off, doesnt mean that they dont use internal principles. but thats just my view.

i just looks internal to me.

Well this is a japanese martial art...yeah japanese is influenced by chinese but the character for Tai in Taido and the character for Tai in tai chi are different.

Tai for tai chi means (most english translations are) supreme (tai chi chuan is supreme ultimate fist).

Tai in Tai do means this:

Tai in japanese is made up of 2 characters SHIN and TAI
                      Shin means to be concentrated and to keep one's mind calm (Kind of like MuShin)
                      Tai means the base for movements, action, and activity. Tai can also be pronounced as Karada which means body

If one combines Shin and Tai one will be able to master one's mind and body.

Do in taido means "the way" (most of us know what that is if not look it up)

Thusly TaiDo means "the way for the body and mind"

All that info is from this site www.taido.net which is also linked below

It doesn't look internal at all at least in the way taichi and xing yi are. Somewhere on this site it explains the idea of changing the body's axis to attack and the internal part of this martial art seems to be the breathing and the KIAI. I wish I had a black belt in KIAI......

Comment

Sweet, another new style... just what we needed, I was getting tired of all the old ones....

lol
                        practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                        X