Guolin's Students

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guolin's Students

Anybody in this forum a student at Guolin's school? I'm thinking of taking classes there and would like to know a little more information. If there let me know and i'll posts my questions. Thanx

Amithaba
    Amithaba

Guolin's students occasionallly lurk around here. They may not post, but they watch. Post your questions, no doubt someone will have an answer.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

you should drop in and check it out.

Can't hurt at all, hopefully one will see your post and answer your questions.

Juses Chrihst

don't know why i find such humor in sarcasm...
      "Arhat, I am your father..."
      -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Thanx Doc & Arhat. I was wondering if it's possible to stop by and take a look at a session. Is Guolin usually there to teach or do other students teach other and approximately how many students are there in a class? Thanx.

Amithaba
        Amithaba

Comment

Guolin's School

Premier-

I studied at Guolins school a few years ago for awhile. I havent been there in awhile but the training was great. I would highly recommend it. I don't know who is teaching there now but when I was there Hengxin was the main instructor and Guolin would come in quite a bit and teach. A few years ago Hengxin left to start his own school and Guolin was teaching most of the classes. After awhile he had one of his disciples Justin come in and take over the basic classes and Guolin mostly taught the intermediate classes. Like I said I haven't been there in a while so I don't know who's teaching now. I heard that Guolin brought over another monk to take Hengxin's place but I can't confirm that. If I were you I would just go there and try a class to see if its for you. Also try to stop by some of the other monk/ex monk schools and talk to people, you'll find that while the cirriculum is pretty much the same at all the schools there are huge differences in the teachers and students personalities. See which style/personalities fit best with yours. Also becareful doing your reserach on the web, don't believe everything you read.

Good Luck

Comment

Thanx for the info Ted. I look forward to visiting the temple.

Amithaba
            Amithaba

Comment

Working...
            X