Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floridian Place to Study Anything Shaolin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floridian Place to Study Anything Shaolin?

Hello, I'm looking for a place in Florida, preferably the Tampa Bay area, where one could come and study Shaolin. Could anyone please point me in the right direction?
    My name is Isaac D.

Well, Wah Lum Master, Pui Chan teaches traditional Northern Praying Mantis, which has strong roots in Shaolin Temple.

Welcome to the Wah Lum Kung Fu - the worldwide headquarters of traditional Chinese kung fu led by Grandmaster Pui Chan and Sifu Mimi Chan.
    a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

Not sure where in Florida you're looking, but there are a couple of Gong Fu schools in Gainesville, FL. Wah-lum is one, but I'm not too familiar with them -- they mostly concentrate on forms and whatnot -- and also there is a Choy Li Fut (Cai Li Fo) school called Whirling Tiger. The latter shares the school premises with a karate sensei; the building name (not the Gong Fu name) is "Gainesville Dojo." Our Sifu (Shifu) also teaches qi gong and chen style taiji (with welcomed emphasis on combat application) as well as drunken and five animal forms (though, that would take a long time to get to...).

Good luck, hope you find a decent school.

Comment

Working...
      X