starting a school advice wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting a school advice wanted

I'm thinking of someday starting a martial arts school. Any advice?
    "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Get a good business plan, or put it in a paradise like Doc... lol
    practice wu de

Comment

Last I checked, Vegas was a desert, hahahaha.
      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Originally posted by LeiYunFat
        Last I checked, Vegas was a desert, hahahaha.
        I wish we had a slap smily... did you not see the russboasia...
        practice wu de

Comment

Russbo asia is 50% of the cumulative Russbo schools. And, no one has even gone to the RA yet.

How's that for reading into things?

Comment

to answer your question greenknight, i would accumulate knowledge, experience and a few titles under my belt. after that its all business.
            "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

My reputation points cancelled eachother out. Dern.

Comment

oh, and Vegas is a paradise of sorts.. at least thats what they told me when I was praying at the church called paradise in Vegas.
                practice wu de

Comment

I think I went there. I went to the Oasis in Vegas though. It was really wet.

Comment

Has anyone started a school? What are your experiences?

Also, titles? I'm not the title that likes hitting someone, even in the sparring ring. So I don't know if I would do good in sparring.
                    "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

Well I am not sure about your second question, but I think Xing_Jian has his own thing, maybe you can ask him bout that.

Comment

Or if you want to entertain yourself, ask Xing_Jian about some of the competition he has had to deal with.

Comment

I started a school. Two of them now. The first one was expensive, and I've yet to recoup my investment and subsequent losses. I don't expect to ever regain what I've put into the Las Vegas school, but, hell, I didn't start it to make money; there are better ways of making money.

The second one, we're doing just for fun. It's our passion. No doubt that won't make money either, but, we want to do it, and make it a good place to visit.

You have to really look at what your reasons are, for starting a school like this. Unless you approach it purely like a business, as some of the larger conglomerite schools have become, you won't make a significant amount of money, if at all.

Remember, the best schools are not necessarily the money makers.
                          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                          russbo.com

Comment

yeah, if you want to make money, go buy youself a kung fu suit from a chinese gift shop, then open up a mc dojo right by jack in the crack, and put a sign up with big blue letters reading:KARATE.
                            "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

I want to be able to make a decent living at it. Not extragent one.

What's some of xing_jian's competion?

Comment

Working...
                              X