Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin wugong vs. Bak Sil Lum

Greetings,
    I was wondering if anyone can contribute in the comparison of Bak Sil Lum with Songshan Bei Shaolin practiced today at the Temple. I have practiced Bak Sil Lum for many years, and it was taught to me as traditional, genuine shaolin kungfu. But after a few years, I started learning about Songshan current forms, which I really like, and would like to also learn.
    Any comments???
    -GGG
    No Chumbas, por favor!

akf school?
    No Chumbas, por favor!

Comment

he means a kung fu school. anyway, bak si lum as u know means northern shaolin, and it is northern shaolin, they just practice different. everything about northern shaolin is in that system.

ive seen bak si lum, the reason u confused is cause the monks try and pass off their bullshit wushu for traditional shaolin gung fu. when in reality its not the movements which make gung fu "traditional" its the way in which u train them.

a punch is a punch, a kick is a kick, and a fancy technique is just that, real shaolin gung fu is always the same, no matter what shape or style its expressed in.
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

isn't bak si lum just the cantonese way of saying northern shaolin. People speak cantonese in the south of china....so would that mean its northern shaolin passed down to southern practioners....maybe...I don't know
        "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

yes, but its not the same as what the monks teach. for the most part the monks teach most of the same bullshit over and over u see the same forms maybe a little different here and there but the same..

REAL shaolin gung fu in the past was various, different styles(all based on shaolin basics) were taught, different skills like the 72 consumate arts and such were emphasised

BSL emphasises alot of long range techniques, its very aerobic, alot of their kicks are with the leg straight and they swing them around. its different, BSL also focuses on iron body..its infact where my iron body system comes from(small golden bell) and this system comes from shaolin and is one of the most famous styles of iron body.

the no1 name in BSL is ku yue cheong, famous for his iron palm slapping the horse and killing it, his iron body geting kicked by a horse and being unphased, i have a pic of him with a car ontop his dan tian with 4 of his students ontop the car. etc etc KYC is one of the biggest names in chinese kung fu, he spread it to southern china amongst other places..

Comment

as a matter of fact BL does some BSL in my video, he is doing it right before the video switches over to diff music

i posted this vid at sw i didnt post it here...check it out

Comment

So you went from BSL to Hung Kuen? or is BSL part of your school's lineage? Here is the Mid-west there isn't a lot of chinese martial arts schools worth looking at, so my knowledge is only based on what I am learning here and what I have seen around my area. I actually thought BAk Sil lum was Silat but I know now I am very wrong.

Comment

somebody watch my damn bruce lee video and tell me what u think

it has BAK SI LUM IN IT!! o.O

Comment

I watched it at work w/o audio but it was a pretty cool montage...what do you want me to say....I couldn't tell where the BSL came in...

Comment

lolo, i know..i made it. he does bsl right before the music switches over.

Comment

I saw what you mean. It is from one of his movies, qhere he does a series of jump kicks, typical of Chanquan or Bak Sil Lum. I have practiced a form which has a similar segment.
                      No Chumbas, por favor!

Comment

Working...
                      X