neck strengthening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neck strengthening

I read some discussions about head-conditioning and how this can affect the brains, on the forum.
    How about neck conditioning, like a headstance with no hands. This involves great pressure on the skull. Does anyone know what kind of effect this may have on the brains?(or perhaps on any other parts of the body, like the spine)

Micha Busch
    The Netherlands

well, if your spinal cord is in perfect alignment, you should be able to do a headstand depending on your weight

but in iron body, strenthening the head via a headstand is really only to help you strengthen the neck, and to send qi and blood to the bai hui. in this case, even doing the head stand you start out with support from your hands anyhow.

and not to mention the headstands in ironbody include doing pushups while in a handstand..

headstands are safe but there can be trouble if your spine is a little out of whack or if you weigh alot, if you do, you should strenthen your shoulders and triceps so you can do a handstand then ease into the headstand, and also try and loose weight

there are very delicate bones in the neck and its very touchy in there, dont mess arround unless u meet what i said above..i should know!!..lolo
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

I've done the wrestlers bridge for quite some time. I have found it not only strengthens my neck but is a great stretch. I bridge back so that my nose touches the mat. I hold this position for 3 minutes. I have seen many people do this and fold their arms across their chest. I used to do the same (folding my arms across my chest). But now I keep my arms on the mat for stability. If you try this go very slow with it. Initially you may only be able to arch back enough to get your forehead on the mat. Prior to the wrestlers bridge, you may want to try the gymnastic bridge (i.e. lay on a mat and arching up so that only your hands and feet are on the mat) especially if you are not familiar with this type of movement.

Comment

You can also lift weights.

Bend OR twist ONLY. Don't do both.

Make sure you get the technique down, just like the bridge and headstand. The neck is a vital part of you, don't **** it up.
        Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Good lord.

Where do you guys get your information.....
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

no handed head stand cure hiccups! I swear to god or allah or whatever! it works try it! do it for like 1 min and your hiccups will be gone...I think because it helps relax the muscles in your throat that are spasming...
            "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Originally posted by doc
              Good lord.

Where do you guys get your information.....
              Can you enlighten us, please? If I'm effing up my body by doing some of this stuff, I'd like to know. I'm thinking I'm in for a humbling experience.

Comment

i dont know what doc is talking about, but i know what IM talking about.

and i know what YOUR talking about aswell, ive known about those exercises for awhile any personal trainer would to. they are good if you want a stronger neck for sure, but do u want to be like the guy in kung fu hustle or something? get kicked in the neck and just absorb it and shit lolo i wouldnt suggest that!!
                "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

LOL my frog gong trumps even the Lion's Roar.

My neck got stronger from this shit, but I'd rather have a weak neck now than be poppin Alieves like candy when I'm 50.

Comment

Working...
                  X