Shaolin Wahnam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Wahnam

I have been trying to figure out what these people are, and have concluded that they are most definitely a cult.

Dead giveaways are claims of mystical abilities (but not clearly identified), exorbitant fees, talking in circles in response to direct questions and casting blame for the confusion on the person who asked the question, . . .

You know what I mean? The emperor has no clothes and all that?

Anyway I came across your site here by Googling. Some of you have some insight. I've read the most recent threads and they aren't very recent.

The bottom line for me is I'm simply interested in martial arts. I was at their board to talk martial arts. They were abusing a few outsiders, and they actually weren't even that good at it.

I can't comment on their martial arts ability. As charlatans I'd give them about a C+. I've seen a lot better. Anthony Korhais in particular is wasting his time. I mean I personally could direct him to a half dozen or so employers who would pay him, I'm certain, a hell of a lot more to run a similar (albeit not martial arts) gig.

But, we digress. Anyone care to share their insight?

I think Chicken might know something about that place. It's in the UK., right ? I think I came across in online too. They claim to teach Shaolin, right ?

Chincken, am I wrong ? Do you know anything about them ????
    "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

Of course whether it's a martial arts cult is not an either or question. There is a continuum and the lines can be blurry.

I would consider Amway to be a cult. Many people would not. It's possible that we're both correct.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most obvious and pernicious (like Branch Davidians) and 1 being the most benign (if a cult can be benign), I think I'd give them 5.

Comment

You might want to read in the russbo ARCHIVE. I actually had a running discourse with their master, via some intermediaries, a while back. It was very informative. Look for the stuff on Wong Kiew Kit, I think.

Also, I started a thread on Cults, I think, in the Fugue section. You might want to read it; it's very relevant with respect to a lot of martial arts organizations.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

Thanks doc.

Comment

Strangely a search on google..

Says "This site may harm your computer." under the link to shaolinwahnam.co.uk

Comment

Forum User Deerhooks,

[the following is not a question]

Does Shaolin Whanam Institute has OFFICIAL PERMISSION FROM SHAOLIN TEMPLES to teach Southern and Northern Shaolin ?

Comment

Even though it is not a question, I'll donate my two cents.

Do they need it?
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                russbo.com

Comment

Forum User Doc,

As long ass one "looks" with Empty eyes they do need it

Comment

Hi There,

I'm here to answer any questions you have about Wahnam Institute and Sifu Wong Kiew Kit.

I have trained Sifu's material since 1996 and trained under him directly since 2000. I am not here in an official capacity. I am here to tell anyone who wants to hear the truth about Sifu and Wahnam Institute. I speak from experience.

Special thanks to Doc and Maestro who have inspired me to tell my story. You guys have questions? I have honest answers.

Comment

I think I came across in online too. They claim to teach Shaolin, right ?

---------------------------
                      Huge Thing For Movies --- Bones Season 7 DVD,Creat excellence for your life

Comment

Working...
                      X