Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin school, steep price?

Hi guys.

Me and my dad just moved to Katy, TX for a limited (6 months) time, and I've been doing some searching around for a Shaolin school. I found this:

So today I took the bike and went down there. I spoke to the sifu, and he said the price for training two times a week is 120$, 3 times a week is 150$ and 6 times a week is 180$. Also he said there are only about 1-3 students in each (hour) class. What would be ideal for me is training 3 times a week, but the price is really high. Is this normal? If I train hard, do you think the teaching is worth it?

Thanks.

Is that per month? And have you wondered why there are only 1 to 3 students in each class?
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Per week as I understood. However his English isn't very fluent so I or him might have missed something.. Gonna give him a call tomorrow though. I found this blog article and the guy doesn't mention anything about high price.

However, out of experience, is 150$ for 12 times a month (12$ hour) normal?

Comment

Per month, high.

Per week, outrageous.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

if it's per week, that's just extortion. for a month, it's still veryhigh, but it looks like prices keep going up, so... guess it depends on yourpocket book and where you are. i imagine he as telling you a per month price, not a weekly one.

personally i would never pay that much unless it was all 1-1, but that's just me.
          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Ok, I'm pretty sure it's per month then. I was too excited to think much when I was by there.

Comment

per month is still alot. espcially for texas.
              "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

at least its one of the shaolin guys, but i think that price is like usast. this isnt in manhattan...

still, its way more than i would pay for just three days a week, or most people, judging from class sizes.

Comment

Just had a free hour. There were three other people there today. One man, his daughter and another boy. We did 30 minutes warm-up (jumping and kicking high) and then 30 minutes with basic forms. Guy did some stock moves when we had a break too, really cool to watch at. Anyway I settled down for 3 times a week. That's 150$ a month. Dad think it's a bit much so we're splitting 50/50.

Anyway you get quite much attention with so few students.. which is a huge benefit in my eyes.

Comment

enjoy it...
                    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

in tantric budism it is usualli asked to settle the motivation before meditating, that is to save all beings from suffering

maibe u can remember that before u start a training

peace and love

Comment

Liu, you kill me.

russbo.com

Comment

in emptiness, if this teaching is true, what is u, what is me, what is non violence?

Comment

Our school (Shi Xing Ying) is $100 unlimited per month. I think $75-80 2 times a week per month.

Comment

Originally posted by liutangsanzang View Post
                              in emptiness, if this teaching is true, what is u, what is me, what is non violence?

Emptiness is emptiness, you cannot describe it. Once you do, it is no longer emptiness.
                              "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Working...
                              X