Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly Speaking, can a woman beat a man in a fight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly Speaking, can a woman beat a man in a fight?

Seriously, I've wondered for awhile now. I can't even find real situations where a woman fights a man of comparable skill level. So this is an anatomy question mostly.

If a woman and a man are of equal skill level (give or take a little) can a woman beat a man in a fight or does the physical side get in the way?

Does a woman have as much endurance as a man?

How about strength?

Can a woman achieve the same level as a man when at max capacity?

I know there are variations based on body type etc. but I'm asking for overall, and from people who have actually been in or witnessed mixed sex fights. Please tell me. Thanx.

Thats like asking which art is better.

Who knows?

As with questions like this, the only answer is it depends on the person.

Im sure if a woman is about to be raped shes got a reason to win, and therefore would.

i guess mostly its about wanting to win..... i have a student like that....

he always wants to win to prove hes the best, and often hurts lower grades quite badly. So they're scarred of him.

but how can you teach people if they're scarred of you. You can't because they think you / or he, in this case, he, is a ****.

Comment

hurts lower grades quite badly. So they're scarred of him.
      this is all just very confusing for me...
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by skittalion View Post
        Seriously, I've wondered for awhile now. I can't even find real situations where a woman fights a man of comparable skill level. So this is an anatomy question mostly.

If a woman and a man are of equal skill level (give or take a little) can a woman beat a man in a fight or does the physical side get in the way?

Does a woman have as much endurance as a man?

How about strength?

Can a woman achieve the same level as a man when at max capacity?

Well to be blunt. A man is naturally stronger then a woman, so if you take a man and woman of equal skill, yes, the physical part will come into play.

There is a ratio i learned in a webforum, from a martial arts teacher named tim cartmell. Its something like,

"If the opponent is 50 percent stronger then you, then you will have a decent struggle, being one hundred percent technically superior."

Does a woman have more endurance then a man? Im not sure about that one. Since endurance is mostly an acquired trait, and not one you are necessarily born with.

Can a woman achieve the same level as a man when at max capacity? Well, ive seen some pretty bulked up women who were on steroids. But women have other talents, like giving birth,and tolerating pain. Women have a much higher pain tolerance then men. and it is also said that women have a better ability to harness internal power, since they are not used to using brute force. Im assuming by internal power they mean proper body mechanics.

With weapons, or maybe even unarmed, i think strength is an advantage that can be overcome by skill, but it wont be easy.

in grappling and even wrestling in high school, its not unheard of to see girls win against boys in the same weight class.
        Last edited by master splinter; 06-16-2009, 01:55 AM.
        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

thanks for the info. but when I say "at max capacity" i just mean the peak of ability they will ever be at, not neccissarily strength.

Can a woman achieve the same peak level as a man?

Although with the replies I've already gotten I have some hope for it.

Comment

Originally posted by master splinter View Post

"If the opponent is 50 percent stronger then you, then you will have a decent struggle, being one hundred percent technically superior."
            There is no way of qualifying that, or testing it. So it's a bullshit comment.

Physical size, strength, bulk and mass will play a factor in the amount of injury one can absorb, and the amount of force that one can generate.

Size matters.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

in the end women run shit, so i assume they win more "fights" then us(men)

ms cant comment hes a mouse.
              "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro View Post
                in the end women run shit, so i assume they win more "fights" then us(men)

ms cant comment hes a mouse.

Duh, Splinters a rat. god don't you know anything.

Blah balh blah, and your shit at fighting, blah blah blah..... Erm go and grapple a bear, blah blah blah cow pie can't jump, im a covert homo.

Comment

Originally posted by Fu Jow Pai View Post

Blah bbear, blah blah blah cow pie can't jump.
                  My sentiments exactly.

Now bow to the great rat. Because when it comes to the chinese zodiac, i pwn you all.

Muahahaha.
                  "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post
                    There is no way of qualifying that, or testing it. So it's a bullshit comment.

Physical size, strength, bulk and mass will play a factor in the amount of injury one can absorb, and the amount of force that one can generate.

Size matters.
                    So you're saying that there is no way to qualify or test technique?

"Physical size, strength, bulk and mass will play a factor in the amount of injury one can absorb, and the amount of force that one can generate."

I can agree with this.

lets hypothetically say the test subjects are, a bodybuilder with little or no baseball experience, and a proffessional clean up hitter.

Who hits more home runs more times, out of 50 bats?

What really matters in this scenario, strength, or skill?

Or do we just ignore skill because we cant test it?

Comment

your %'s are bullshit. your e=ms is gay is correct. jubajaba fuba flaba gok chok maka wak.

Comment

Swinging a bat and hitting a ball is a single solitary technique which can be measured; the ball either gets hit or not.

Fighting involves many different varied techniques, all dependent upon the individual. How do you apply a numerical value to what someone does in the ring, other than "punches landed" or "strikes that hit"? And those don't necessarily prove superiority.
                        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                        russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro View Post
                          your %'s are bullshit. your e=ms is gay is correct. jubajaba fuba flaba gok chok maka wak.
                          And you're twelve...

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post
                            Swinging a bat and hitting a ball is a single solitary technique which can be measured; the ball either gets hit or not.

Fighting involves many different varied techniques, all dependent upon the individual. How do you apply a numerical value to what someone does in the ring, other than "punches landed" or "strikes that hit"? And those don't necessarily prove superiority.

Hmm... I really have no comment on that. Because i really dont feel like thinking and typing to much. (which is why i am here at russbo.comxD)

I guess in the transition from beast to human something strange happened, when the invention of the "equalizer" came into play. lol

And maestro, i have a question for you, i will speak in dumbass so you can understand.

HSAHDIOQHWIOYRHSDAJKLHDKUW URIAH FABER??

Comment

lol, urijah faber is a tool but hes a decent fighter.

anyway doc is right thats why your getting a headache trying to figure out what to say and how. there are so many variables with a real fight forget sport. what if i have a gun, you could beat the hell out of me and then i shoot you, you die , i win.

sport is easier because size does matter, its why man made spear lol but doesnt always mean the biggest man will win, its just 1 of 100000000 things to factor in. i think to much emphasis is put on it at times but thats just me.

Comment

Working...
                              X