Old eagle claw in shaolin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old eagle claw in shaolin

I have become very interested in the old Eagle Claw and it's applications. I have spent time training in Shaolin, and am considering going back for a few months if I can find someone to teach me the old Shaolin Eagle claw. I have learned one Eagle Claw form already and have seen many different Eagle Claw forms, but have yet to find one that I really like. I have absolutley no interest in the Wushu Eagle forms that are currently being taught everywhere. I want to learn a proper version of traditional eagle claw (preferably from someone 34th generation or older) and most importantly, the applications from the form. I'd like to make the Chin Na' applications second nature.
    Any thoughts on someone I could train with around the Temple (Songshan) who specializes in Eagle and its applications, and not just one of the younger guys who knows wushu versions that look pretty, but have lost a lot of the applications. DeCheng maybe??? I have just returned from spending 6 months training in Shaolin, and have about 2 1/2 months free time. I am considering going back if I can find proper Eagle Claw instruction there.

Connections, connections

hello Hei Hu

I think you'd need to get a hook up. A friend of a friend thing. Chi na is widely known in China so it shoudn't be that difficult to find a teacher. Finding a old school Eagle form will be harder. Good luck.

WushuSpear

Comment

I know...I can do Chi Na anywhere. I want the old Eagle Claw, and the Chi Na that accompanies the old eagle claw style (together).

Comment

well...

...I saw quite a few different Eagle Claw forms while I was at Shaolin, and I learned one too. I have no idea as to what it's lineage is, and I sincerely doubt it is the whole form.

That being said, it does not look like the PRC wushu version that I have seen at comps. Some of the applications are very interesting.
        "Arhat, I am your father..."
        -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Yeah, I saw many as well, in Shaolin, and even though mine has good applications, there are not nearly enough of them in the form. I doubt it's the whole form either. It's an incredibly thorough fighting system, and that's what I was looking for, not just another form. I know enough bloody forms as it is! I was curious if there were actually any good Eagle masters in Shaolin.

There's a very good guy in NYC whos knows the whole Northern Eagle Claw (Leung Shum) and Gini Lau also in California, . Luckily I am from NYC, and have that option when I go back there, as I will be living in London and NYC back and forth as of next year. Probably stick with the Sanda with Yanzi here in London, and then (proper) Eagle Claw when I'm in NYC.

Comment

hey eagle claw guy here.

Can you describe the eagle claw set/form you learned, perhaps a name as well. Also who did you learn it from?

Also what is old eagle claw?

If your looking for some of the earliest sets then the Hahng Kuen/Walking Fist is your best bet.
            Lilly lau has it out on tape. For a different version (more associated with eagle claws origins,the fan tzi system) try picking up the book Kaoshou Fanzi Quan by wen Jing Ming.

If your looking for a strong demanding set then try the Lin Kuen/Linking set. Its 50 roads layed out like Tan Tui. I believe Sifu Shum has taught it out separately in the past but charges $50 a row.

Comment

Eagle claw in England

There is an eagle claw school under Master Gini Lau, located about 45 mins outside london. www.worldeageclaw.com.

The Sifu there is very very good and has very deep knowledge

Comment

Shaolin Eagle Claw is a different system and style than the Lau family's Eagle Claw sets, which are Fanzi quan derived.

If you want to see some of the Shaolin Eagle Claw sets, you can get them on VCD here:

1 - A very rare set is the Shaolin Eagle Claw Pao Chui set (!):

get: VCD#760 Shaolin Eagle Claw Boxing
                (this is more likely what the "monk" founder of the Lau system used before mixing it with Fanzi (Which by that they mean Yue Fei Jia Quan).

2- The VAJRA (Jingang) Shaolin Eagle Claw system(big system!):

and more:

Shaolin Temple Kungfu VCD, master Yang Wei, Eagle Sec Kungfu, vajra fist, vajra arm, vajra finger, vajra leg, vajra claw, vajra elbow and knee, vajra kao, vajra palm, yin yang standing posture 24 practical methods, dragon-riding standing posture 24 practical methods, mountain standing posture 24 practical methods, dragon from bone-searching claw, tiger beating palm

Shaolin Temple Kungfu VCD, master Yang Wei, Eagle Sec Kungfu, methods of opening the gate, chinNa, grap, sophisticated advantage, repeated attacks, intercepting and defending methods, wang xiu wei

Comment

Working...
                X