Coccyx/Sacral pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coccyx/Sacral pain

Ok, no laughing guys. I wokeup about 8 days ago with pain in my sacral area. I have suffered no impact to the area and I haven't fallen over.

The only thing I can think of is that I've been getting over a virus, and I know I was coughing a lot the day before and that night.

When I stand from sitting I get pain, the harder the surface the more pain I get when I stand up. If I cough it hurts, if I sneeze it hurts like hell!

There's no swelling or brusing in the area and it isn't tender. I can train without discomfort and it doesn't seem to aggrevate it.

It's slowly stareting to get better but I was just wondering if there are any thoughts as to what this is.

I was thinking that since the pain seems linked to my coughing that it could be related to the pelvic floor muscles.
    Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

I think you're right about the pelvic floor muscles, must be something along those lines if the pain is aggravated by diaphramatic contractions like sneezing and coughing.

Go see a medical professional though. Even if it heals up its worth getting checked out.
    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

First, are you sure where the sacral area is? It's your tailbone, upper part of your ass. What you describe does not sound like a sacral injury, it sounds more like some sort of hernia condition. Also, be aware of the fact that there is a phenomenon called "referred pain", ie, you feel the pain in a different area than the area that is actually causing it.

Can you be more specific as to where you feel this? It sounds like something that needs to be more fully evaluated; though hernias sometimes retract and eventually minimize with respect to their discomfort level, they can progress into serious conditions.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

The pain is definately coming from my sacral area. Right at the very bottom which is what made me thin of the coccyx. The pain is very acute.

Not sure what other info I can give. Time to go see the doctor perhaps?!

Comment

Yes. Time to go see the doctor.
          Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

sacral pain, ie, your tailbone, right on top of the crack of your ass, to be more descriptive, is usually suggestive some sort of coccygeal injury, ie, you fell on your ass at sometime. These fractures can be painful, but generally there is nothing to do for them, other than careful sitting, avoidance of further trauma to the area, sometimes using a "donut" to sit on, pain relievers and rest. They heal within a few weeks, depending upon how bad the bruise or fracture is. The pain starts to go away within a few days.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

There's a definate improvement in the pain, and it's definately right on top of the crack of my ass to be precise. Still I think I'll go see the doctor anyway. Cheers for the input guys.

Comment

I don't think I could cope with Beeno turning up at my house for dinner with a donut to sit on. And my son will probably jam it on my poor dogs head.

Comment

That poor dog, the things that he has to go through........................

Comment

Well, I'm sure you were all really worried so I thought I'd update y'all.
                    After seeing a couple of Doctors they seem to agree that I cracked my coccyx!

The mystery is Istill can't figure out how.

Doc, any thoughts how a coccyx could be cracked/broken, and your answer isn't allowed to include impact related trauma Just curious really.

Comment

How you that and not end up with a polynidal sinus aswell has got me fvcked, but just check it out to see if you have a lump down there ....... unless sitting around with meters of gauze packed into your wound , waiting for it to crust up before they tear out and replace it, it's pretty nasty stuff. It will be internal though if there is one , as opposed to more risen like another type of cyst maybe, and when you were first describing the injury, it sounded liked blocked qi which to me still sounds fairly on. If you get a chance, maybe even check in with a tcm practioner and see what they have to say aswell.

I'm sure I've seen a few of these myself and what is the treatment?? It's just elevation on a donought cushion you to get to carry around for 6 weeks and maybe pain killers right??? Let us know what they're doing with that..... lol.........interesting stuff ......

BL

Comment

The coccyx (ie, your tailbone, the tip of your sacrum), is a small bone, a rudiment of the tail that maybe we all were supposed to have, can be easily fractured via "impact related trauma". One could also suggest, that the addition of a rather large and heavy princess superimposed upon your anterior pelvic area, while sitting in a dark dank place, could provide enough addition to the normal gravitational pull that the underside of your body is normally subjected to, so that minor fractures occur.

We won't ask you what you've been doing. Nor will we ask master Steve what kind of Russian goddesses he introduced you to while you were here. I have distant memories of one, that make my coccyx scream out in pain, just thinking about her.

Thank god she likes Steve.

Usually, these coccygeal fractures occur when you fall on your ass. As I've said before, they get better with time.

Did your doctors give you a donut? I'd love to see a picture of Phoenix's dog wearing it...
                        Attached Files

russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by doc

We won't ask you what you've been doing. Nor will we ask master Steve what kind of Russian goddesses he introduced you to while you were here. I have distant memories of one, that make my coccyx scream out in pain, just thinking about her.

Thank god she likes Steve.

Usually, these coccygeal fractures occur when you fall on your ass. As I've said before, they get better with time.
                          HUH?
                          I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
                          "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
                          "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
                          "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

God bless, the British NHS, they just said for me to grin and bear it. Didn't give me a donut or anything!

That poor dog, I wouldn't make him wear it, the poor little guy's made to wear a stupid fleece as it is!

Knowing me I could have fallen or knocked it somehow, and not remember. Hmmmm, I can't remember any Russian godesses. And it definately wasn't Bangkok Betty!

Comment

Um, one thing beeno.. never, ever, ever admit that you don't remember how you broke your tailbone.....

Make something up, oh, and a tip, at least be the stud at the end of the story.
                              practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                              X