knee red spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knee red spot

I know it's my third thread in a row but I've found this forum pretty helpful. I've almost talked about all of my physical problems so it should be my last thread. ;-)

I have the Patellofemoral Syndrome at my left knee. It's been a year now. I tried to rest and do a little more exercise but it wasn't enough apparently. I recently decided to train more my knees. And I've seen great improvements! One of my favorite exercise is Hindu Squats. But I've noticed something weird. After doing a few repetitions like let's say 60, a little red spot appears on my left knee. And it's not due to something rubbing on my knee. The skin just becomes red... When I touch the spot, it's not painful and I don't feel anything under either.

Can you think of something that could link the skin with Patellofemoral Syndrome? because I really don't get it!

Thanks a lot
    =========
    Peace out!

Ummm, no.

Be careful doing squats, Hindu or otherwise. These exercises put a lot of stress on the knee, especially if you go down low. To strengthen the knee, you're really better off getting into one of these knee machines, that strengthen the quads and the hamstrings, and starting off with light weight. Also, swimming. Can't emphasize the curative powers of swimming enough.

What you're seeing might just be a physiologic reaction to increased blood flow in the knee area, that you would get with exercise.

Glad you find this helpful.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Well I'm doing the squats as Matt Furey teaches them. And I believe my knees accept the movement without problem, except for that red spot...
      Yeah swimming, well I'll wait till summer.
      As for the knee strengthening machine... I don't have one so if I can find bodyweight exercises, that's perfect. Hindu Squats seem to be good. And lunges seem great too. I'm not using very heavy weight so it should be safe.

"What you're seeing might just be a physiologic reaction to increased blood flow in the knee area, that you would get with exercise."
      This is cool!! So you don't think it could be dangerous in anyway? There's no need for seeing a doctor for that? I mean unless it gets painful.
      =========
      Peace out!

Comment

shaolin disc, doctors are always sceptical about whats good for u and whats not. doc is no exception unless hes being taught by a "master" lolo

matt furey is very knowledgeable and i like his work aswell, do u do handstand pushups to or the hindu pushups? some my wrestler kf brothers call them "a saturday night" if u need a visual, its like a yogic pushup type of shit, very good though if u havent tried that one yet

never done hindu squats myself but im a hung kuen player, we are known for a low and strong sei ping ma (mabu), so i get all the squattin done whenever i do any gung fu, or whenever i try and play chinese restroom in my backyard
        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Actually I have never started training those Hindu push ups or handstand pushups though I have all Matt Furey's material to learn, I mean I have his book and videos. I wanted to include those exercises in my training schedule but because of the wrist cyst (see other topic on this forum) I have, I don't really want to resume my arm training...
          =========
          Peace out!

Comment

Furey is kinda funny...supposedly he makes all these wild claims just to get you to try his shit. His routines are challenging enough, I suppose. I'm not too great at handstand push ups.
            Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Whoops, thinking of another guy. I was thinking about Mike Mahler. Furey is different.

Comment

Apparently Mahler says things that aren't true to convince you of something. Like how he was a student of Fuery's, when in actuallity, he went to one seminar...something like that. But here's an article of Mahler's.

Most of us are willing to try just about any new weight-training program that comes down the pipe. But would you be willing to try something so different that it doesn't even involve using weights? Learn how to make gains without weights!

Comment

Working...
                X