groin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• groin

can anyone tell me their experience with a strained groin? any tips?

the 70miles a week I've gotten up to (mountain biking) is taking it's toll. If it was all flat terrain...well...i probably wouldn't be facing this problem, but much of what I do is straight up. I love it...to the point that I'll end up hurting myself. The pain I'm having comes and goes.. some days are better than others... honestly i just don;t know what to do with it...and i'm not bright enough to just stop for a week to let the adductor rest. feels best when in a stretched position... it's when my legs are closer together that the pain and tightness sets in..

will be going biking tomorrow... if you say time time time .... I will cry cry cry...so say something cool like, dude that aint sh*t... you'll be fine... adductor muscles heal themselves...lol....

thanks....
    ZhongwenMovies.com

This is a common occourance, indicating inevitable sterilization.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Your saying I need to go get my penis sterilized? Again?
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I just got over a strained muscle in the groinery area. I just backed off on training my legs after a week or so I started stretching my legs. after hot showers when your muscles are relaxed is a good time to stretch. Just dont try to stretch past any pain. Once you hit that pain back off until it doesnt hurt....my advice for this type of injury is to take a break from training or in your case biking. have you taken you bike off any sweet jumps?
        "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Considering the type of activity that you're doing to cause your discomfort, more than likely a strained muscle is at cause, as opposed to something else that would cause pain in that area, such as inguinal or femoral hernia. The usual therapy for strained muscles applies, rest, warmth, and appropriate massage. (Come to Thailand, you can find "warmth" and "appropriate massage" relatively cheaply).

Need to consider some other important things however.

Riding on a mountain bike for prolonged periods of time can make you susceptible not only to erectile dysfunction, but also infertility. There are various mechanisms at work here. Use of improper seats on bicycles can cause undue pressure on the perineum, (between the base of the scrotum and the anus) which is where many of the related nerves and blood vessels live. Pressure on those nerves can cause damage, and damage to those nerves can lead to insensitivity of the penis, and, difficulties with obtaining and maintaining erections. The constant bouncing of the testicles while on a mountain bike can also lead to damage, as well as the use of bike shorts, and the positioning while on a bike seat, which can result in elevated testicular temperatures and decreased sperm production and potentially decreased testosterone production.

In other words, bouncing and squeezing the balls don't make them happy. And if they're not happy, you won't be happy.

Use a good bicycle, with a top notch comfortable "non perineum pressure" bicycle seat. And give the legs a rest and let those muscles heal.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by doc

In other words, bouncing and squeezing the balls don't make them happy. And if they're not happy, you won't be happy.
            What a great quote!
            I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
            "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
            "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
            "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Working...
            X