Doc! A little advice needed but fast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc! A little advice needed but fast!

I train 4 times a week, serious kung fu training for hours. Monday, Thursday, Thursday and Sunday. The other days I just train a little and stretch much.

The thing is, I’ve been offered a job. And I need one! Its 3 days a week, 6 hours a day. When working I have to stand up walking around all the time as I am gonna recruit people on the streets to give money to the Red Cross and similar organisation. Standing up for 6 hours (-30 minute break) is a whole lot of time, I’m worried about my legs and “MaBu muscles” on the knee will get too little rest and to much strain from the work and training

The question is: Should I take the job? Is it to much for the legs and knees?

the week for me: 1.train 2.train. 3.sixhourswork 4.train 5.sixhourswork 6.sixhourswork 7.rest

I should look for another job right ?

Did I mention the really hot chicks working there

Comment

If I may stick in my useless advice, of course you should take the friggin job.

It's not necessary to overcomplicate things. The middle path is always the best. Unless you train for a career or beliefs (like, for example, the monks) you shouldn't need to obsess over it. You should have a feel for your body by now - cut down slightly on the training if you feel too much strain. I know it's trite, but I've really found overtraining detrimental. When I started taking more rests after half a year of training like a nutjob the difference in my performance was incredible. I was kinda thinking, 'hmm, less gong fu, better gong fu - weird'. But it's true. I still train six days a week, but now I have no problem taking a rest when I feel like it. You simply need time to heal properly.

I'm sure Doc'll have something better to say...

Comment

Hot chicks?

Need help?

unemployed,
        doc

(I wouldn't worry about your legs. If you want the job, take it.)
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

Thanks for your replies

But I’ve thought it over, chicks are lovely, but I don’t love them, I love kung fu

Back to the department for the unemployed

Comment

umm

umm

maybe im just super man but..

i train aswell

and i work 8 hours a day..standing up constantly, among other things..not just handing people flyers or whatever you were gonna do..

so umm..have you ever had a job or are you just a wierdo?

cause, ive had jobs before and all of them included me standing up the whole time, aswell as doing other things..

albeit i just recently started training and working, im still doing fine

and i train on the days i work to so errr

cant imagine someone that weak, but if you cant work 6 hours a day walkin around giving people flyers or whatever..i doubt your kung fu training is helping much..

sorry if i sound a little rigid...but its the truth
            "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

I worked at a similiar place last summer, then only for 4 hours a row. Standing (acctually walking around a small area) for four hours, like walking straight forward 4 hours on a road without sitting down, trying to get people to listnen to the shit you have to say, and its much, about shit, does give your legs or knees or what it is a certain tired feeling.

This tiredness wasnt the problem, i could probably walk 24 hours and keep going without more problems than how to piss when not standing still and tiredness in the legs.

The thing is.... I dont know how you train but when I train I train alot. Traing with the other students is nice but when class is over i start training till i cant train anymore, espacially different kinds of ma bu training, over and over again til the legs cant do it anymore (im a beginner, i cant stand ma bu for hours....)

The funny thing is, that ive noticed, that when i sleep very little (3.5-5 hours, school, glad to have finished it..) after such hard training my knees are still a little tired the next day. So i figure the they need some recharging, what im worried about is that they wont get the rest they need when working under such conditions the next day, not the work itself but the knees getting rest after harsh training..

Comment

harsh training

ive got no idea how you train so i cant exactly comment on what i think you should and shouldnt be doing..even if i did i doubt id be any kind of educated oppinion on the subject

but still..if your training for 5-6 hours a day thats a bit too much since, your only giveing your muslces like 1 day to adapt

muscles need more time to get stronger..and it sounds like your only doing external training..and if thats so you dont require that much training to get the effects your probably looking for, actually what you sound like your doing may be detrimental to your training ..but again i dunno...

either way..i think a job is more important then training in something for 5-6 hours daily when you can get the same results in like 1-2 hours

but your probably still living with your parents or something im guessing..if so i guess youd see it the way you do..

either way, nice to here you enjoy training..i know i do!

Comment

Wait a minute....

Hot Chicks at Red Cross?????
                  I have donated blood many times and seen Red Cross Workers on the streets, NOT ONE HAS EVER BEEN HOT!!
                  Just a bunch of old ladies with gray hair and fat women who used to be nurses...
                  Dude, you need a weekend in Vegas with Doc and I, your idea of what a HOT CHICK really is will change very quickly. So get another job that fits into the training schedule and keep learning new things.. Try getting a job at a gym or something, that's where the hot chicks are during the day in Vegas.
                  I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
                  "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
                  "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
                  "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

You got to go into the children services dept. I used tp work there so I can verify the existance of some pretty fine specimens. Have a look around, you'd be suprised. The grannies are usually just there voluntering.

D
                    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Stripper Moms...

Got enough Stripper Moms to deal with here, but Thanks anyway.
                      I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
                      "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
                      "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
                      "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Regarding the training, I also experience a much better performance in my training when I reduce the workout time.
                        I used to train for hours two or three times a day, but now i've reduced it to one or two times.
                        I've also begun practising Tai ji, which is also extremely meritable to my gong fu. It gives you a lot of control and stability.

But I still think it's good to have practised a lot of external and extremely physical demanding gong fu, before reducing your workout time. It's always best to have a strong foundation to build on.

And please don't worry about your gong fu when you take a job. It's way to easy to get obsessed with gong fu.

Take it easy, be patient.

Comment

taiji

"I've also begun practising Tai ji, which is also extremely meritable to my gong fu."

taiji is gong fu

if you dont know that your gonna miss out on alot of what it has to offer

Comment

Maestro, walking down the street is gong fu

Comment

Working...
                            X