X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey hey hey :P

Hi all

Just started posting heer so i thought id say hi

Ive been practicing Jow gar kung fu for just over a year now, its a nice style whith a mix of bouth north and south shaolin styles.
    Ive got 4 Jow forms under my belt now so if anyone wants any info on Jow gar i will be happy to help.
    Ohh I have also just started lerning Hung gar as well.

Cheers
    Azz.

PS.. freeken awesome site

Nice to have you on board. If you have any problems, feel free to contact me.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Welcome Azz!

I honestly don't have a very good understanding of these Jow Gar and Hung Gar forms. I've probably seen them but not recognised them. There's 4 Jow Gar forms? I'd be very happy if you enlightened me some more Azz.
      Thanks in advance, and I hope your journey on Russbo is a fruitful one.
      Chicken

Comment

Hi Chicken

Thanks for the welcome

Sory for the misunderstanding but there are acualy over 20 Jow Gar hand forms that i know of, i just know 4 of them. :P

However there are 4 main Hung gar forms called the 4 Pillars of hung gar

1. GUNG GEE FOOK FU KUEN (Taming the Tiger in an I pattern)

This is the first basic form, and when I say basic I dont meen easy (the dam thing has nerly 300 moves) I meen the foundation of hung gar

2. FU HOK SEUNG YING KUEN (Tiger & Crane double shape fist)

Probaly the most famous Hung form. It was created when the founder of hung gar married a white crane stylist. It was later then further modified by the famous Wong Fei Hung.

3. SUP YING KUEN (Ten Pattern Fist)

This form of Hung Gar teaches the five animals and five elements.

4. TID SIN KUEN (Iron Wire Fist)
        This is Hung gars internal form. It is very long and the most advanced out of the 4. Altho being internal it is not a soft form, it trains hard chi gong.

Jow gar on the outher hand is acualy made up of mostly modified Hung gar moves (about 60% id say) the rest comes for Choy gar and northern shaolin.

Hope this helps

Comment

You say you only started training in Jow Gar a little over a year ago, and have only been doing Hung Gar for a bit but you already know a good bit about them. You must have done your research. Good stuff !

When I first decided I wanted to begin learning Gongfu I picked up books on different styles an eventually came across Hung Gar. I don't remember why, but I had found it the most interesting, or at least the one that sounded like it fit my interests best. However, there were no Hung Gar schools anywhere around where I lived. So that was that. Now, years later, I have stumbled into Shaolin Gongfu / Wushu and found my home. Sorry, that sounds a little gay.

Anyway, kick ass that you're training in Hung Gar and know a bit about it too !
          "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

You say you only started training in Jow Gar a little over a year ago, and have only been doing Hung Gar for a bit but you already know a good bit about them. You must have done your research. Good stuff !
            Thanks dude
            I seem to have that disease where you cant stop reading about Kung fu.

Comment

Working...
            X