Dantian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dantian

Hey! I started to learn the Ba Duan Jin form because apparently the others are maybe risky if you don't have a teacher. And there is no schools around me and I don't have to money to pay me some courses. I'm learning by myself... I know all the movements but I don't know how to start to understand the internal control (The dantian breathing and all those things). What should I do to begin to feel the Qi in my body? I know the effet of each movements but I can't feel the Qi circulating or i am not able to control it. Some suggestions (but not to find a teacher), websites, books will be nice!
    =========
    Peace out!

just get high. you'll feel everything...

Comment

How long have you done it? You won't feel the effects from it right away. You must do this one for months at a time before you start to feel something. It just takes constant practice. Doing it for a week or a month even, you won't feel it, understand it, or be able to control it. It comes through time. 3-6 months maybe before you even feel it. You will know when you get to that point. Just keep practicing it. Do the movements and breathing. Don't think about what you "should" feel. Just do it. It will come later and you will know it. So don't stop, don't give up, and don't expect things. Just wait for it to come.

Comment

Tanks baojian! So I really DONT have to think about dantian and the qi just do the movments and breathing??
        =========
        Peace out!

Comment

The Dan Tian thing is part of the breathing. Concentrate on it of course. But don't expect to feel something. Just imagine it. Keep doing the movements and breathing. Like I said, it will come in time. Then you will feel it. Don't worry about that now.

Comment

OK! I very appreciate!
            =========
            Peace out!

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Expand your lower abdomen as you inhale, contract it as you exhale. This is breathing from your dantien, or normal abdominal breathing. You will most likely have to breathe this way consciously at first, but after a while it will become natural. This is the first step to feeling your dan tien.
                Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Working...
                X