Medicine classes in any schools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medicine classes in any schools?

Hi there, it's the first time I post here.

First I'm gonna explain my situation a bit:
    Currently I'm still in the Belgian Navy, but I'm in the middle of my resignation from it.
    I plan to study medicine now to work as a nurse in a hospital.
    I'm also allready a little while in a school that teaches kung fu and qigong here in Belgium.
    And I'll keep attending that school until my medical studies are finished.
    They start in september and will take three years.

After that I plan to go to the Shaolin area to train a bit more in the Shaolin arts.

But I am curious if any schools there also teach Shaolin medical treatments.
    Like accupuncture, accupressure, herbal healing, etc. ?

I hope someone knows here.

Thanks a lot!

Check the doc's hospital, and Traditional Chinese Medicine threads. There's alot of stuff on there.
    "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

The school i attend just outside of Deng Feng in a smaller village has accupunture classes once a week. My shifu was taught accupuncture by his uncle Shi De Qian. We also do hard and soft Qigong, i personally study hard Qigong while some of the other students study soft Qigong forms such as Bauduanjin. By no means will you become certified to give accupuncture but its certainly a great introduction to it all. And yes our Shifu can speak english lol.

Anyways if you wanna know anything else just toss me an email at rm2501998@hotmail.com

Comment

The majority of the schools in the Dengfeng area teach solely a mixture of traditional gong fu and modern competitive wushu, with wushu being the predominating factor in most places. Any sort of real medicine is not taught there; remember, most of these schools have kids starting from age 5 to 18. Not exactly a student base to be teaching anything technical; hell, they barely get a decent education in mathematics and their own written language.

Some schools have masters that might have an interest in Shaolin healing arts. I've looked into it, and have worked with Shi De Cheng and Shi Xing Hong in the past with this. Their knowledge seems to revolve around some basic massage patterns, some basic acupressure, and no acupuncture. I learned more TCM from the Beijing TCM professsors; if you want to learn Chinese medicine, Shaolin is not the place to do so.

I've had some experiences in the past, which I've not yet written about, with Shaolin masters and their knowlege and use of TCM. My impression ranged from pure nonsense to semi-educated showmanship which verged on the linits of dangerous.

It's not the place to go if you're serious about wanting to learn real Traditional Chinese Medicine. Finding a genuine teacher, though not impossible as Chris above points out, is going to be very difficult indeed. If you want to talk to a nun, you don't go to a whore house.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

some school has accupunture classes once a week
          you aslo can learn chigong

Comment

you can take a look at chinese traditional medicine thread,

Comment

Working...
            X