New hopes chanwugongfu school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chanwugongfu

Shaolin Gong Fu’s main difference to most other martial arts is that is has Chan Buddhism at its heart. Its strength, hardness and speed on the outside are filled with softness and compassion in the heart. The aim is not to learn how to fight, but to learn how not to fight. One has to battle oneself, learning how settle the raging within the human mind. Through balanced and proper training it is not only the body that grows strong, but also the spirit at the same time. To truly understand Shaolin Gong Fu one must step beyond the physical and beyond just performing a set of movements.
    Some of the actual movements or forms of Shaolin Gong Fu are based on animals, such as Wu Xing Quan (5 Animals), Qi Xing Quan (7 Animals), Gou Quan (Dog Fist), Ying Quan (Eagle Fist), Hei Hu Quan (Black Tiger Fist) to name a few.
    Other forms include Shaolin Quan (Shaolin Fist), Old Shaolin Nan Quan (Southern Shaolin Fist), Lohan Quan (Lohan Fist), Chang Quan, Tong Bei Quan, Shao Hong Quan (Little Red Fist), Da Hong Quan (Big Red Fist), Lian Huan Quan, Gongfu Quan and Jin Gang Quan (Diamond Fist).
    Shaolin Weapons include some of the following: Shaolin Guen (Staff), Dao (Broadsword), Bien (Whip Chain), Jian (Straight Sword), Qiang (Spear), Mu Yang Bien (Bullwhip), San Jie Guen (3 Section Staff), Shang Gou (Tiger Hook Sword), Pu Dao (Horse Knife).

Comment

How did they find here ?

Comment

China ShaoLin KungFu
        Unfortunately Master Wang doesn't write English very well and has asked me to help him. The last post was an excerpt from a website made by a former student of his in an effort to encourage overseas students to go and study with him; I am such a student and must say I have found the experience to be quite rewarding. Master Wang has studied martial arts from the age of twelve and is proficient in not only Shaolin kung fu but also Chinese boxing. Although he currently teaches Chinese students in a Shaolin school in Deng Feng he has taught foreign students for ten years from countries such as America, Russia, England, France and Australia. One of the most valuable skills at his disposal is the fact that he speaks passable English; having been in Deng Feng for almost a month I can safely say this is a fairly rare attribute. I've met a dozen or so masters in my time here and all they could say was 'hello', so I don't think I could have learned at all were it not for this fact.

Master Wang is very keen to teach international students and has started a program with a former student of his from America called David Woods (www.traininshaolin.com). Unlike other teachers Master Wang begins by asking his students what they would like to learn as opposed to forcing them to learn a set syllabus; as a result of this instead of merely training basic forms I learned one basic form as well as the guin (stick) and sword. He is very friendly and a wonderful teacher and, as already noted, I have found the experience to be incredibly rewarding. If anyone is interested in going to the source of Shaolin kung fu and experiencing an intense bout of exercise, training and education I highly recommend this program. If anyone is interested in communicating with Master Wang directly his e-mail is shaolinmonk_gongfu@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
        X