No announcement yet.

Shi YanZhang's School in China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got an interesting email from a female who went to this school for a while.

Doc,

Everything was going along fine here with training until most of the students and teachers left for the holiday and cold month period. I was then training under the shi-fu and I thought "this is great" one on one with the head guy. But then his wife started making sexual advances toward me and kept trying to grab my breasts even though I told her many times over not to and I did not like it. Even when I told her "ENOUGH"< she kept it up.. Then she kept asking me to borrow her husband and have sex with him and once she did this in front of him. He did not tell her not to say such thing but looked at me to see what I would say. Now, mind you, I do not have a problem with being asked to share, but if the answer is no it should be respected and left at that. Not continually pushed and asked. Then on the Chinese New Year, the shi-fu came to my room and tried to kiss me. That was the last straw and so I have decided to leave. Yesterday I told the Shi-fu exactly why I was leaving and all he could do was say he was sorry over and over. I told him that respect is very important. And that I am a woman, not a girl and his wife has no respect. I tried not to be emotional about it but could not help myself. I had wanted for 30 years to come here to train and this is not what I expected or was looking for.

That and I suppose the fact that the shi-fu's wife can go into mine or anyone else's room and take things she wants without asking. But saying thank you on the way out and then sometimes not even that. But a few of the boys got caught stealing and were beaten terribly and then they got put on 1 or 2 meals a day instead of 3. This I do not, nor do I want to, get used to. It makes no sense to me at all the she can get away with what the children are beaten for.

But I am still grateful for coming to China and being able to see somethings I have only dreamed of. It has given my much appreaciation for the warmth of my home and the love of the people I have in my life. I have been fortunate in many ways here as well. I met a wonderful couple that I will always cherish. They are at the school as well and have shown me the true meaning of the Chinese family that I knew existed.

I am grateful for your help and your web site. And maybe some day we will meet. I would like that....

Do write if you will, and give me your thoughts and advise.

Sincerely.

xxxxx
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Holy ****!! I can't believe what I'm reading!! I don't even know what to say. I am truly embarrassed!!

Comment

You don't have to say anything. Nor do you have to be embarrassed.

It wasn't your actions that were inappropriate.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Fair enough.... I'll just be disgusted then! This just taints what WAS, truly one of the greatest experiences of my life!!

Comment

Comment

Very verbose, Lippy.

Or are you just trying to build up your post number, to achieve the much beloved russbo.com god status?

russbo.com

Comment

seriously?

this is waaaaaaay out there...

grain of salt maybe?

Unless you (Doc) vouch for this person, I'd say this is a very bizarre post and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Look how quick everyone was to jump on Brian Grey, meanwhile he was proven not guilty...but he was pretty well tarred and feathered...

I mean I'm just saying...maybe it's true, and maybe it's not.

Hei Hu you seemed to have very good things to say about this school, you basically glowed when you spoke to me about it.

So Doc, would you say this person is someone you trust? If they are, then I would think that whoever was being harassed should make a really big stink about this.
                "Arhat, I am your father..."
                -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Arhat,

I hope you're right! I had a really good experience there. The last thing I want is to have a bad taste in my mouth that. How's YM. I want to train one on one with him, so I work on my Sanshou. Do you think he'd come to me and train me one on one? Any thoughts as to how much he would charge me? I have my own training facility.

Thanx,

N.

Comment

I have no reason to doubt this person, or what she sent to me. No reason at all.

russbo.com

Comment

well then that is pretty fÚcked up and I hope she makes a huge stink.

if this is Yong Xin's boy I can't imagine he would sit well with it, unless he was getting PAID in FULL...
                      "Arhat, I am your father..."
                      -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

She made it. It's here.

I truly don't think YanZhang had any knowlege of this. Did I spell knowlege correctly? Boy, I'm tired. No, YanZhang's school has quite a few other lay people working there. Some of the women (wives of some of the men, such as the cooks, etc) work there doing some sort of painting and embroidery.

**** is bound to happen. But, you can easily see, that one negative event such as this, in a school which promotes a certain ideal, can cause quite a bit of damage.

And do you really think YK cares? The man is rumored to have a few houses, a lover or two, and a daughter? (I have not confirmed any of this).

russbo.com

Comment

for a moment there I thought when she refered to the head guy, she meant Shi Yan Zhang. I was a bit shocked at that... revleived that it wasnt...

Kinda sad that she dreamed so long of going, and had a somewhat bad experience.

Im about to head of to this school in <5 months time... cool

Comment

When I read "head guy" I thought she WAS talking about YanZhang. I've already made a big fuss about this to Yanzi! Who was she talking about? YanZhang is the head guy. I'd like to know who we are talking about please folks, if we are talking about someone else.

Thanx in advance!!

Is she talking about the German guy Mario, and his wife. If so that would make sense. All he did was drink alcohol! We called him the "Drunken master".
                            Last edited by Hei Hu; 02-06-2004, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Does it matter?

Stuff like this shouldn't happen at a school that predominantly focuses on the training of children.

russbo.com

Comment

Sad!

If I read this correctly she did say the Shi-fu (which is the head guy) and his wife. I have heard this happening with other women and girls in China as well as the U.S. It really is to bad and gives the arts a bad name, in some ways. But it also makes the rest of us more determined to make sure things get better in the world of martial arts. It is sad to know that this type of thing happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X