Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro
    replied
    doc.."one day" next fall after my sister has her baby. by the end of this month i will have hit the 7gs mark

btw, u should give us updates on boris, hes a part of the family now

Leave a comment:

• doc
    replied
    Only in Thailand Maestro. Only in Thailand.

One day, even you might be worthy...

Leave a comment:

• Maestro
    replied
    get a massage thats docs special shaolin technique

Leave a comment:

• onesp1ng
    replied
    enjoy your experience, josh. keep us posted on how things go.

Leave a comment:

• Josh x
    started a topic Touchdown Shi De Cheng Wushu Guan!

Touchdown Shi De Cheng Wushu Guan!

Hello All, greetings from Dengfeng!

Take two, I thought I posted this but it didn't register.

Arrived here a few days ago and am just getting myself settled. First and foremost, there is a big thanks due to Doc for all his help to get me here, without which this journey would not have run as smoothly as it has. Sincerely thankyou.
    Dengfeng is quite a surprise, the impressions I had of the place does match the definition of a town, obviously these are Chinese standards, the place is enormous, just as big, if not bigger than my home city Melbourne. There is so much goijng on, there are restaurants, bars, decent (read: Western) retail outlets and even clubs. Don't get me wrong it is still China. You take the good with bad, there are the remains of buildings scattered around everywhere and for the most part the buildings are dilapidated. Dengfeng is by no means glamourous. Having said that, I like the place, there is a mountain range right outside the school (500m or so) which a scenic way to start the day.

Truth be told I haven't done a whole lot of training, I arrived Wednesday and Saturday Afternoon and Sunday are rest periods. The training starts at 5.30 with a run, some stretching and warm up excercises. There are two training periods everyday one in the morning from 9-11 and again in the afternoon from 2.30-4.30, the students have a class in the evening for an hour for additional training.

There are about 12 students here at the moment including myself and another foreigner James who's also posted on the site. There are three coaches, one senior who I would guess to be in his late forties, and coaches Ja Hao and Yong Hui, (18 and 22 respectively). As you would know Shi De Cheng is in Thailand with Doc.

The facilities and atmosphere at the school are great, the food is very good, the people are very welcoming and friendly and the toilets are... Eastern.

At present I am learning the fundamental techniques (Ji Ben Gong) which are very different and a whole lot more complex than I have seen both in my style back in Australia and in any other 'Western' martial art. It's very challenging an though only a few applications have been shown to me, they go well beyond the simplicity I have encountered in Australia.

There always seems to be something interesting going on, and though the standard of living is poorer than in the West the quality of life appears to be much greater. Every morning I see people in the parks ballroom dancing, playing badminton, walking, doing tai ji which such vitality and life that I do not see back home. There are many elements here that us in the West would do well by integrating it into our lives.

Right now I don't have much time, but if you have any questions you would like to ask of me now that I am here please do so. Bear in mind the responses will not be instantaneous but I will do my best.

Once again, thankyou Doc for all your help, I will be in touch soon

Josh
Working...
X