No announcement yet.

The Dark Side of Shaolin Temple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how does one see something epidermically? naked? in that case your sentence translates to "if we see the knowledge in a naked way, the illusions will fall? how does one see knowledge naked? sneak up when its in the bath?
    seriously just write everything in plain english instead of writing random things in incorrect context and people might take you seriously and reply to your posts in an intelligent fashion instead of mocking them because you quite plainly are trying to be more intelligent than you are! or paraphrasing a quote i got somewhere "those who try to show a greater mind than they possess, end up seeming far more the fool"

present your posts with intelligible syntax and vocabulary and people will reply to what you are trying to say

Comment

sorry if i seem rude but i've read a number of your posts where you type perfectly reasonably and concisely and then i come across several incomprehensible statements that after puzzling over for a few seconds i realise often dont actually mean anything at all due to poor word use!

Comment

Originally posted by Librarian
        Forum Users,

As long the source of the Teachings is neglected and valuable knowledge is viewed in an epidermic way illussions shall always be present
        i take this to mean that until you look beyond the flash displays and the popularisation and see the real arts of shaolin ie it's down to hard work not magic & mystery
        also that the spirtual side is intergral to the whole not an extra
        that can be left out

with out that component it's no diffrent from all the other fighting systems

is it not this approche of training to fight/defend but avoiding conflict where possible that is the appeal of shaolin kungfu and it's related arts

mad4dos

Comment

Forum User Ibluemonkey,

out of curiosity what exactly are you using the term epidermic for librarian? i assume it refers to the epidermal layer of cells (i.e skin) but that doesant seem to fit in with what your saying, at all

An important question indeed.

The word epidermic is used to decipher the willfull choise of prefering to see what it seems and not what truelly is.In other words the choise of making ourselves stop searcging for Truth and meaning ot of everything and be "satisfied" with only the "reach" of his eyes....willfully.

Comment

Forum User Jackwolf,

Dark Side..............
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            The issue of morality which is the real issue here is one of the individual mind and heart. Obviously there seems to be a lack of insight into the real substantial cause and effect relationship between what a person, monk, abbot or Temple does and what can be the long term, short term effect of such things. I am not suprised. It seems to me that whenever a spirituality becomes a ritualized, institution of "religion" it can easily be corrupted. This is because of the inherent powers that religion can have over people's minds, lifestyles. But it has always been the dharma of religion that if there is no morality at the foundation it will become an beautiful vessel with a hole in the bottom so that all the water of spirit will be lost.
            A rather simple anser could be usefull.The choise of Good or Evil it always come to this in the end

By the way does anyone know anymore about the case of the poor monk who killed himself, at Shi Guolin's Temple. His name was Heng Shan. I was thinking of training the Luohan 18 Hands Chin na there but I don't want to train at a place that has a bad history.
            AMITUOFO
            Then realisation maybe what you could add to your "choises".Yet I have to clarify that since I am not completely informed about the issue I may not post any opinion I can only refer to the will of realising each and every thought before utilising it to action

Comment

Forum User Mad4dos,

i
              take this to mean that until you look beyond the flash displays and the popularisation and see the real arts of shaolin ie it's down to hard work not magic & mystery
              also that the spirtual side is intergral to the whole not an extra
              that can be left out
              with out that component it's no diffrent from all the other fighting systems
              is it not this approche of training to fight/defend but avoiding conflict where possible that is the appeal of shaolin kungfu and it's related arts
              mad4dos
              Shaolin is the reason of it;s creation

Self defense(and not fighting systems) may emerge from IT but not as way of profit nor showhing off only as a physical and spiritual add-on available to all that deny being overwhelmed by les in order to justify their actions

Shaolin is the path of evolving in all fields without harming anyone or anything.

Comment

Forum User Ibluemonkey,

how does one see something epidermically? naked? in that case your sentence translates to "if we see the knowledge in a naked way, the illusions will fall? how does one see knowledge naked? sneak up when its in the bath?
                seriously just write everything in plain english instead of writing random things in incorrect context and people might take you seriously and reply to your posts in an intelligent fashion instead of mocking them because you quite plainly are trying to be more intelligent than you are! or paraphrasing a quote i got somewhere "those who try to show a greater mind than they possess, end up seeming far more the fool"
                present your posts with intelligible syntax and vocabulary and people will reply to what you are trying to say
                The way to see truth is by accepting it's TRUE FORM which is reality in other words justfull proofs utilisation

Even in bath you may fall if you do not realise

I am trying to be as comprehensive as possible that is wy I am wiling to explain what I am saying

The fact that I use combinative references is to say many in a few words

To understand you only need to think

I do not mind if I am not taken seriously.I actually enjoy that since I am learning more that way

sorry if i seem rude but i've read a number of your posts where you type perfectly reasonably and concisely and then i come across several incomprehensible statements that after puzzling over for a few seconds i realise often dont actually mean anything at all due to poor word use!
                Do not be sorry it is my pleasure

The only one you need to ask in order to understand anything or even the universe completely is YOURSELF.Believe in you more...I suppose you do though

Comment

lol, whatever, if you enjoy using rather convoluted not entirely accurate (in the way you are using the words not neccesarily what you are trying to say) language, then be my guest but it would be easier to understandif you'reuse ofenglish was a tad more accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by ibluemonkey
                    lol, whatever, if you enjoy using rather convoluted not entirely accurate (in the way you are using the words not neccesarily what you are trying to say) language, then be my guest but it would be easier to understandif you'reuse ofenglish was a tad more accurate.
                    couldnt have said it better. vagueness to compensate for lameness is FTL. This whole verbal circus deal has been at the core of everything rotten about Shaolin for a long, sad history's worth.

Comment

Yes but you both forget... When the unwary goat enters the tigers lair, only the foolish lamb follows...
                      The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

librarian, undersatand.
                        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Working...
                        X