Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good training

Hi...

I ve seen a german man trained in the shaolin temple in a documentry video.
    He said that the training in the shaolin temple is very hard and strict,and you have to be patient and you have to master every movement before the other.
    When I have seen this video I was confused about a lot of things,for example...I have learned for about 8 shaolin forms,but in a fast way.I am good at it,but there are some mestakes...And I have seen a master teaching his student,he lets the student repeat the movement until he master it,so I thout that I could remouve some forms until I master the other.So is it a good way?or there is an other idea?

I've been on television.

Don't believe everything you see on television.

LOL
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

doc, are you saying you don't really exist?

Comment

Ahh, Zachsan, I guess I better reveal to you the truth about Doc. The external vision of this so-called "Doc" is actually a giant suit of a big-bald guy, controlled by a devious midget from Oakland known as "Bill Cosby" (not to be confused with the famous comedian/Jell-O Pudding Aficionado).
        a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

I wouldn't necessarily remove forms, just practice all your forms more often and harder.

Comment

ST; you know 8 shaolin forms, from the way you post(like what you said about wing chun) im positive you havent "mastered" any of your form, i doubt your even close

i dunno who taught you these "shaolin" forms, but id like to see em performed, if you dont have a foundation, it snot even worth training 8 friggin forms, and if you dont understand the energy and philosophy behind each move, theres no point in training 8 forms is there? id say, if your serious pick your favorite one, train it as best you can and train smart, dont be all hard, or to soft, think about the move and what it means, different moves use different energy, just because they look a certain way doesnt mean using strength is how its "supposed to be" maybe you need to use whipping energy, or cun energy or whatever

and real shaolin forms, the early ones, from what i can see, are very good, even if you think youve mastered them im sure you havent

so, even though ill prolly get some flack for saying all this to you, umm.. just stay focused and train smart

amitabha
            "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

I wrote this thread long time ago.
              From that time,I was practicing these forms with a shaolin kungfu teacher,now I have nearly mastered these forms.
              Now I know more forms with understanding all the applications and theories.My master is shi yanqian,he is not famous here because his in the shaolin temple.He comes to my country to teach shaolin kungfu,but he did not teach me kungfu,He tought a friend of mine.So I learned some forms from this freind,and I also teach him what I know,and now I am learning in the shaolin temple uk.I performed these forms to one of the masters,he said good.The forms I learned are,{wubu,xiaohong,tongbi,liuhe,lohan,tanglang,lia nhuan,long,I dunno the name,I dunno the name} 2 forms stick.1 form sword.
              I used to learn forms without taking care of applications and theories.But I have corrected all of them now.I can memorize the form very fast.

Comment

Shaolintiger

I would do anything to see your forms. I bet they are awful.

You learned from your friend who just learned them from some fake monk in a seminar? lololo How old are you? Thirteen?

Comment

Well,try to behave your self mortal.
                  I said that I learned SOME forms from this friend.Who told you that he is a fake monk,about seven shaolin monks came.Two of them performed in the shaolin wheel of life theatre in London.
                  And please try not to talk about things you dont know about,u and your stupid wing chun,how old are you? 70 years old.I have learned from several masters that I dont want to say their names here.and I laerned half of these forms in the shaolin temple uk.So shut up.

Comment

LOLOLO You think because he was in the Shaolin wheel of life tour that he was a real monk?! lol

Now I think your 3.

Comment

well in that case i think he deserves your respect mortal, considering he would be a 3 year old with a working language of the english language who can type, web surf and knows what shaolin means!

Comment

Well thanks zachsan.
                        Mortal,I have learned from several masters.If this one is fake,then the others are real!
                        But I am sure 100% that he is a real monk.Even if he was a fake monk,the kungfu is the same!
                        How about the masters in the shaolin temple uk? Are they all fake?.I want to know about you.Are you good in shaolin kungfu? Well,I dont think so.You just want to fight.Just like a kid! If this is what you think,then go to your wingchun school,let them teach you how to fight!
                        Understand shaolin before you talk about it.

Comment

shaolintiger, you're welcome, but don't read too much into it, i just like ****in around with mortal, but only because i'm not in the same city with him.

for the record, i'll just repeat my stance that it's not the style it's how hard you train and all that jazz. that said, drunken brawl style is still the ultimate.

Comment

shaolintiger

Relax. I'm just messing with you.

I trained with a few monk masters for a pretty long time. I was also in kungfu magazine with the monks from the wheel of life tour. Who personally came to my class and trained us.

Unless I'm wrong you have been traing less than a year. I have been training shaolin for 6 years. Yet according to you, you already know more forms then me. I just find it to be a funny statement. Funny in the sense that you probably have no idea what it is like to master those forms. Mantis(tang lang) takes years to master. Forget master. It takes years just to make it look decent. Just because you know the movements don't think you've mastered the form.

You say Wingchun isn't a good art. Then why is it head and shoulders the most popular kungfu practiced in the world today? And don't tell me because of Bruce Lee.

Comment

"You say Wingchun isn't a good art. Then why is it head and shoulders the most popular kungfu practiced in the world today? And don't tell me because of Bruce Lee."

it is because of bruce lee. its obvious.

i dunno where this statistic comes from but i wouldnt doubt it. although, last time i checked, choy li fut was the most popular TCMA in China

outside of china, who cares about the rest of the world, for the most part they suck! hahahahahah

amitabha
                              "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Working...
                              X