Stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qi Stomping

Ok, well we've all seen foot stomping as a closing in various styles of martial qi gong and hard wei dan forms of qi gong. While physiologically speaking this would definatly improve circulation temporarily (which could explain the whole makes your beleive you're warmer thing) I beleive the theoretical purpose of this excercise as a closing to a martial qi gong excercise is simply to lead excess fire qi (Li) built up by the wei dan qigong out of the bottoms of the feet, while the period of relaxation after the stomping (which is usually coupled with an inhalation) leads water qi (Kan) upwards toward the lower dan tien. This is a common tactic in many styles of qigong, trying to sink the fire into the earth and raise the water (whether you are raising the water qi to the lower dan tien or leading it up the chong mai into the brain for training techniques such as those in the Xi Sui Jing).

That's just my beleif though, I might be dead wrong. And then again I might not be. Bleh there is distinction but no meaning in words.............
    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

How come my reply went to the top of the page????
      Or does it only go like that on my browser?

Comment

very strange... if u look at your post it says: Post count: 10 -- Time: -17:06 -- date: 02-27-1976
        must be a glitch on the forum?

dave
        simple and natural is my method,
        true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

in penjak silat/hsing i, i saw once in a video dat the person doing the demonstration, stomped his feet for explosive power. In this art, they said to depend on explosive power, and by stomping is a way to excel this explosion.

Comment

stomping your feet is useful as a means of communicating with nearby elephants.

goddamn im bored today....

Comment

I'll remember that the next time I get a date.
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
              russbo.com

Comment

Working...
              X