Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCM and western medicine

Doc,

Have you ever tried to get a deeper knowledge of TCM? I mean as a physician, this might be an interesting aspect for you.
    I tried many times to find someone practicing TCM, but from what I’ve been told, the medical association looks at it, as some kind of "competition" to the western medical science. So no one would ever get an approbition to practice TCM here. Is it really a “competition” or could it be a good assistance to the western medicine? What’s your opinion as an “insider” about this?

Cheye
    Don’t take life too serious, as you won’t get out of it alive anyway.

well..

its only viewed as a competition because its WAY more economical then western medicine..and as we all know western medicine is BIG business

im talking trillions..but i dont have to tell you guys that(i hope)

so i mean obviously there is going to be competition, i dont see the two joining teams for awhile..

espicially since there is still alot left unknown or undiscovered in TCM and western medicine

i feel TCM has much to contribute to western medicine though, and society ingeneral

peace
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

OK, lots of work with this one. I'll get going on it soon.

And since Maestro doesn't like long posts, I"ll break it up into multiple threads....
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

waiting..

were waiting....

so hurry up and answer you cock

heheheheheh

good topic btw should be interesting

Comment

"You cock?"

Shall I set Jeffylube onto you again??

LOL.
          Hey, I've been sick. Read the Journals section, you might learn some medicine. I'll get to it. At this point, I've got a ****ing list of things to respond to. Just like the Thai women.

So many to do, so little time to do them all.....

doc
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

after..

well originally i did read the journals..and then i stopped on the first one where you introduced Sars..

but then in that email to you about sars where you told me to check the journals..i did so i read them all and they are real funny heheheheh

peace

Comment

I think that immergency care is the best in the world. What I think we should improve on is preventive care. This is where I think we western medicine can improve on. Also, look at the aging population, we won't have enough. When the nurse to patient ratio rises, the quality of the care isn't as good. My question is would you need as much immergency care if more people did preventive care? In alot of cases people don't want to do preventive care. Doc, you got to realize some of us are on pretty small monitors, so long posts, are kind of a drag.
              http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

Comment

If you want to post it on one chop, post on a webpage.

Comment

just saw this thread.

all i have to say is that it's misleading to call western medicine big business, when "alternative" medicine also happens to be a 15 billion dollar a year business.

well that's not really all i have to say. but that's all i'm gonna say.

Comment

Yeah, that's true, thing is a see alot of doctors putting stress on themselves, and not the good kind. I would want to be proactive, if I was in the medical industry.

Comment

I have heard some herbs have alot of complications.

Thing is i'm young 21 years old, so if I want to make martial arts a permant part of my life, I need to find a job that goes into that. That's one problem living with in a small town, lack of jobs.

I hear alot of doctors don't take care of themselves. I can't see myself pushing pills, cna's dont' get treated very well. I want to be on the preventive side of things. I've got acouple years of schooling going for a business mid-management degree. I like it but how would i be for an administrator. I mean wouldn't a doctor with an mba, be get it?

Thing is too as far as massages, theres alot of place in town. I don't know what it's like in other areas.

With tcm training, all you need is a bachelor degree to get certified? Is that because the potential damage is less?

Comment

the potential damage may be less in some cases, but it probably has more to do with the fact that TCM and alternative medicine have a long ways to go in terms of standardization.

Comment

You need a masters degree, and to pass state and or national licensure exams to practice TCM in the US. You will not be allowed to sit for a licensure exam unless you graduated from an accredited tcm college with a masters degree.

And yes, the potential for damage is a bit less. It costs about 300 USD a year for me to get malpractice insurance as an acupunturist. Depending on your scope of practice, it can cost an MD over 100,000 a year for malpractice insurance.
                          Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

I was thinking western medicine relies on surgeries alot.

Comment

What really worries me about, this traditional chinesee stuff, is these folk remedies. I mean a professional tcm, prescribing some herbs, is one thing. They hopefully, have spent amount of time looking at this stuff. Perhaps in school, etc. But reading something off the internet and just doing it. What worries me is people who don't spend the time to learn it. Anything miss used can cause harm. It would be like someone prescribing themselves pills.

Comment

Working...
                              X