alternitive to weight training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternitive to weight training

I was wondering, I've seen some examples of weight training done with a staff or bricks.
    http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

Anything that is heavy will do the job. The more unhandy the better.

Comment

Lately I have been working on pushing against a tree, in class, I was very hard to take down the other night. I was wondering do you think this is strengthing the feet muscles?

Comment

Exsactly what it strenghtes is hard to say. All exercises, and especially unhandy ones (such as the one you described) strengthes both the mind and the body.

When pushing against tree, you take some of the tree's spirit of firmness.... sounds very spooky, but i'm sure there is a very scientific explanation, but who wants that? 'Spirit' sounds cooler.

Comment

Well, I do. I prefer scientific terms, so that my parents are concerned. If I say I widen my horse stance to increase potential energy on my legs, well it's different then saying, I transfer my energy out

Comment

Tree Exercise

Instead of pushing the tree wrap your arms around the tree and try to uproot it. Pull against the tree until you can't pull anymore. Practice this more than once a day. After some time you'll uproot the tree, when this happens you have mastered this exercise.

Comment

i tried this with a small mulberry bush and it worked staright away. but i couldn't uproot the 100 year old oak. what does this mean?

There are only 10 types of people in this world.
              Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

i couldn't uproot the 100 year old oak. what does this mean?
                Your chi is weak.. train harder!

Comment

Yea,

U see if u train everyday trying to uproot trees, one day you will ge the ultimate power and will finally be able to destroy the planet with one finger, but of course all that for the sake of Lord Buddha and his lessons of compassion and kindness, as the great shifu Mac Donalds from Dallas of teaches AUTHENTIC Shaolin for ONLY 150$ per week -suck a sweety, a really good Budhist...
                  If you do what he says, but everything he says -eventually give him a nice blowjob if he wishes- and if u pay well and for years, yes then you might be worthy of attaining the great Shaolin NIRVANA, the extinction of your Bank account under all its forms and the firm illusion of Martial competence.

You will be the cool dude who has an immense power but dissimulates it with humility, walking down the streets with the hability of killing someone with one finger but shhhhut do not tell anyone, it's a secret! The guy who really thinks he's a practisioner of Chan Buddhist, when he's actually emprisonned in the exact opposite of what it preaches...

The really cold blooded happy vegetable, the really spiritual guy, whose goal in life is to perfect himself, not only to learn unuseful fighting moves but to polish the mirror thinking that doing it will enlighten him, the real new generation white middle aged Shaolin skunk who really believes that there is no better way than punching and kicking the air like they did 2000 years ago in ancient China...

Of yea with a lovely nice polyesther flashy orange suit...

Sorry just felt like being an asshole.
                  The East? The West?

Men and Women, that's all...

Comment

Don't apologize ! You hit the nail on the head. And Yet...... I still wana be that guy ! Why is that ??? DAMN
                    "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

More Detail

I should've put more detail in my response. It takes at least 2 years to uproot the tree. You should use large pine trees, but any tree will help. These exercises are not false though, they are the exercises for The 72 Skills of Shaolin, but believe what you wish. Oh, and your reply of being able to kill a man with one finger is not false. This skill may be dead with the Shaolin Monks, but if you have the determination with the exercises you'll develope the skill.

Comment

If you mean that you can strengthen your finger to pierce a mans chest or skull and kill him, well,,, maybe. But if you mean you can kill him with a flick or something, keep dreaming.

As for the uprooting a tree, I'd be willing to bet my life that in 50 years of you pulling on a pine tree, of a decent size, that you still wouldn't be able to uproot it.
                        And that goes for the stongest traditional Shaolin master, or the strongest man from the strongman competitions.

Why do you think trees can live to be over 2000 years old ? It's because of their roots. Sometimes tornados can't even uproot the tree. Are saying you think you can develope your qi to be stronger than a tornado ? You have to realize, at some point, that a lot of the ancient Chinese "training methods" are nothing more than fairy tales !!! Not that pulling on a tree all day and night won't strengthen your body or build up your qi. It Will !! But if you really believe you can eventually pull the 2000 year old pine out of the ground or jump out out of a eight foot ditch.... Well, at least you have an active imagination !
                        "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

In addition to all that's been said, isometric strength training will only get you so far. There are many types of ways to train your body, and many are not applicable to the level you indicate.

If you lift a pencil 1000000000 times everyday for years, you won't be able to lift a 1000 pound weight at the end of your intense training.

And are you trying to tell us that a person with poor leverage and grip will be able to rip out a huge tree, where slight breezes against the tree cause more forces than just about anyone can muster?
                          Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Explanation

I've pulled my pine tree for 3 1/2 years and its already halfway out of the ground. You need to perform the exercise 4 or 5 times a day. And my training does work, I will show you how by using you pencil theory. You lift the pencil many times for 10 times a day, as you progress strap weights to the pencil and add more as you progress. Now lifting 10000 pounds may be over the top on the effects, but you will be much stronger.

No, I don't believe you can kill a man with the flick of your finger, but peircing a man with your finger is possible if you train hard and long enough. And jumping out of an eight foot hole may not be possible now because we don't have time to do the long training for that. But jumping out of a 4 or 5 foot hole is possible. I know you don't really believe in these exercises basically because they are not practice alot, but a large amount of them do work very well!!!

Comment

Originally posted by G-MA
                              Instead of pushing the tree wrap your arms around the tree and try to uproot it. Pull against the tree until you can't pull anymore. Practice this more than once a day. After some time you'll uproot the tree, when this happens you have mastered this exercise.
                              ... and let's hope the gardener can't run as fast as you can. But keep in mind - it's pretty tough to run faster than a bullet...unless your name is Neo.

Comment

Working...
                              X