Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: What to teach a Shaolin Monk

master splinter is laughing silently in the corner...
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Doc said: What do they need to change to become enlightened? I don't know how to become enlightened, so I can't answer that. But for the most part, they might want to start acting more like monks.

So it is kind of vicious circle. If they need to act more like monks, they also need to think about their level of compassion towards animals. Now, just for the eating part of relation with animals, do buddhism advocate vegetarianism just as a religious rule per se, or is it born from some compassionate insight? I would tend to believe that buddhist vegetarianism comes from a compassionate insight of the will of most animals to continue living and not suffer.

But that is just a belief.
    Namo Guan Yin Pusa / Dont create suffering / Dont harm animals!

An academic study of the history of meat eating and animal sacrifice in jainism and hinduism

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/relig/ark/stories/s848973.htm

and one more link about the current day meat eating hindus in india.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/...833772532.html

which one is most in line which the traditional practices of the beliefs?

Blooming tianshi lotus.
    Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 05-16-2008 at 10:12 PM.
    "honestly girls dont seem to want anything other then whatever they want "atm" then that can always change:"
    maestro's love genius.

first we work to live, then we live to work, ..& then when someone else can do it good enough without us - we can all run off and die.
    Blooming tianshi lotus

"find something & thatd turn me on.." drahillionaire, warren buffet.

'if you keep going, eventually you get there' chuck norris

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789